Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

Android app / lack of focus adjustment and word selection

We are not Duolingo, we cannot solve any problems directly, but we can provide community-based advice.

ggabke@gmail.com
Hungary

Android app / lack of focus adjustment and word selection

Post by ggabke@gmail.com »

Even though Duolingo communicates that learning is the focus, in the android application the user has to focus on the uncomfortable use of the application instead of learning.
Android app / lack of focus adjustment and word selection and deseletion with BACKSPACE using the physical keyboard makes it really uncomfortable to use an Android tablet or phone with a physical keyboard. It is also not possible to rearrange the selected words, which also makes it difficult to use.
Using physical enter never points to the check button... instead sometimes turns on "I can't talk now for 15 minutes" mode. CTRL + SPACE does not repeat the playback of the phrase.
The named deficiencies cause the user has to look for buttons and words on the display instead of simply using the physical keyboard and this is really tiring and reduces learning efficiency.
Please consider these shortcomings and improve the app for the benefit of users..

Deleted User 114

Re: Android app / lack of focus adjustment and word selection

Post by Deleted User 114 »

This forum is not associated with Duolingo, but rather with Duome, so I’m afraid we can’t help you in this situation.

If your Duolingo app is not working, you can try submitting a bug report to Duolingo here, or you can contact Duolingo via Twitter.

I hope this helps!

Return to “Duolingo”