Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

Alignment new path <-> old path

PtolemysXX
Uganda

Alignment new path <-> old path

Post by PtolemysXX »

The attached table matches the skills in the "old path" to the units in the "new path". I hope it can be useful for those who get lost after the transition to the new path.
Note that the tests to legendary levels at the end of each unit now include all skills that are trained in that unit, i.e. typically four "old" skills. It becomes quite tough in the advanced levels!

Attachments
Czech.xls
(45 KiB) Downloaded 75 times
jzsuzsi

Re: Alignment new path <-> old path

Post by jzsuzsi »

Hello PtolemysXX!

I saw you posted this alignment for Czech, Korean, Italian, Chinese.
How did you do it?
I am trying to figure out the alignment for other courses too, but it involves clicking though the whole path by hand...

PtolemysXX
Uganda

Re: Alignment new path <-> old path

Post by PtolemysXX »

That's what i did - click on the lessons in the new path one by one. I am not good at scripting / programming etc. so that was the only way I could do it. When duolingo transfered my progress to the new path i got completely lost so i figured that that extra work would save time in a long run. I have two more in the pipeline - Russian and Dutch, both from English.
All in all that is actually reverse engineering of what duolingo did. It would be nice if they shared such conversion tables with the users. That might have saved us the shock of the sudden change.
I am thinking about adding stories to the table since the stories are now inline with other lessons.

Return to “Resources”