Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

A change to our forums - Resources subforum

Moderators: MoniqueMaRie, dakanga

dakanga

A change to our forums - Resources subforum

Post by dakanga »

New subforum called Resources
for the "I speak English - and I'm learning French"

Over these last weeks I have noticed quite a number of language forums here on Duome have a sub-directory called "resources".
And I continue to be worried that many of the posts I do are large sets of posts about a topic.
Such as Duolingo Stories, or
on the Duolingo tree, and guidelines and word lists.

And the effect that has on other more diverse posting topics people wonderfully put up. That they do not have the chance to be noticed and reach people, which I consider they should have.

I have been worrying about the "wall" of posts this makes on this main forum - including when an update occurs and information in these reference posts swamp out others posts.

So in particular, it has been decided to move these posts to this new sub-directory of Resources.

While still many very key and useful posts, especially by other people - currently have remained in this main forum, so they can also more easily be found and seen. Especially at the moment.
It is considered that especially in this main forum for learning French that a diversity of voices is where one of the greatest wealths of us a learning community lies.

Thank you for your patience also as we as a community make adjustments such as this. And also, please, voice your concerns, and other ideas.
I also worry that if these posts - being moved to a subdirectory called "resources" means people will not cross check them and point out errors in them. For errors are made. And one of the greatest values of us as a community is that anything here is able to be reviewed and corrections made. So please, do point out any issues - especially on posts that are in the "Resources" sub forum. Pointing out errors, and having errors able to be fixed is of value to others who later read posts.

Thank you to all of you who point out issues and contribute to our resources and to us as a collaborative and participatory community.
Always learning

Your daKanaga
insieme - together

Return to “French”