Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

My Duome profile sends me to the "snake"

This is for Duome related issues only, about the Progress pages, about the Forum itself.
ATTENTION : For Duolingo issues, write to Duolingo support.

Gentianopsis
Czech Republic

My Duome profile sends me to the "snake"

Post by Gentianopsis »

Duome user profiles were recommended in Duome discussions for accessing the old Duolingo lessons, but it does not work for me that way last days. From https://duome.eu/gentianops/progress (it is the same for "Tree" and "Skills") I am always sent directly to the new Duolingo design (the "snake") https://www.duolingo.com/learn or to its specific lessons/tests (sometimes even the legendary tests, although the particular skill was already L6 in the old Duolingo) mostly completely unrelated to skills and levels chosen on my Duome profile. Is this just some kind of a temporary problem or a permanent one caused by a Duolingo decision?

Rickiefl
Scotland

Re: My Duome profile sends me to the "snake"

Post by Rickiefl »

Try www-internal.duolingo.com, it is still working for me.

Native: British 🇬🇧 Scottish. Learning: French 🇫🇷,German 🇩🇪,Spanish 🇪🇸

Gentianopsis
Czech Republic

Post by Gentianopsis »

Rickiefl wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 7:17 pm

Thanks, I use this address normally too, but it is a Duolingo page and it limits its functions day by day (first, they removed access to the Shop, then viewing user profiles of the people listed in my current league...), so, one day they may block it completely. That is why I was happy about being able to access the old Duolingo tree and its lessons from Duome too. I want to keep studying my favorite old way, and if only the "snake" remains, I will quit. I do not want that to happen, thus, I want to secure my way of learning for as long as possible and Duome seemed to be an option. Of course, I am aware that Duome has no rights to Duolingo language content and does not have its legal copy (or not yet at least, as far as I know) and that it cannot run the old Duolingo without Duolingo itself allowing that. :-(

Cifi

Post by Cifi »

Gentianopsis wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 7:39 pm
Rickiefl wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 7:17 pm

Thanks, I use this address normally too, but it is a Duolingo page and it limits its functions day by day (first, they removed access to the Shop, then viewing user profiles of the people listed in my current league...), so, one day they may block it completely.

I'm sure they will, and I expect it pretty soon (actually I'm surprised that they haven't disabled it yet). I'm much in the same situation like you, just using it as long they allow, and then... let's see.

Native: :de: Intermediate: :uk: Lower intermediate: :es: Beginner: :fr: Absolute beginner: 🇬🇷
(If there are errors in what I'm writing in either language, please do correct me - I'll never take it as offense or something like that.)

GrahamW
Canada

Post by GrahamW »

[mention]Gentianopsis[/mention] Are you using Windows or Android? A couple of weeks ago, I posted in another thread that I'd been cut over to the snake. However, I happened to be on my PC at the time, so that was in the web version. I was pleasantly surprised to see that my trees in the app on my Android devices were intact, so I was happy. Then today the apps on my Android devices were cut over to the snake. On seeing your post, I tried tapping on the Doume links (in a browser on Android), but sadly they opened the app (with the snake). However, if I touch and hold on the Duome link for a Skill, I get a drop-down that enables me to open the duolingo.com/skill/... link in another tab. Clunky and not really what I want to do, but it may serve your purpose.
When I started using Duolingo, I exclusively used the web, but after about a year I converted to exclusively using the app, which works/worked well for me. I share your sentiments in saying "I will quit", but I've really enjoyed Duolingo, and it would be a shame to drop it. But I fear I may be at that point, as the snake won't let me study how I want to study. In particular, I've been focusing on studying a new language each year, whilst doing daily practices in the languages I've studied in previous years, aided by the rather-poor-but-better-than-nothing crack/restore feature. I have no desire to push deeper into those languages, and simply want to retain the limited skills that I have. I don't think the snake will offer me that in a satisfactory way, as Duo now doesn't offer any guidance on which previous skill need practicing. You simply have to continue slithering down the snake doing whatever exercise Duo has planned for you.
I'm sure that Duo's done this to attract a different set of users, but I fear that they're going to lose folks like me who average 15-20 lessons/practices per day. I await the day when Duo's statistics show them that and they bring back "Duolingo Classic". Breath not held :-(

🇨🇦 > :it: :fr: :es: Image :de: Image 🇬🇷 :brazil: 🇨🇳

Gentianopsis
Czech Republic

Post by Gentianopsis »

[mention]GrahamW[/mention] I only use my computer for Duolingo, not a smartphone. Today, I practised one of my L6 languages. From https://www-internal.duolingo.com/learn , I was getting normal practice lessons and 10XP's for finishing them. When I used the tree or the list of skills on https://duome.eu/gentianops/progress , after clicking on a skill I always got a practice lesson on normal ("snake") Duolingo address in L6 test format, 40+5XP's for finishing it and 10 lingots were taken from me each time. This way, I would be out of lingots in no time. :-( It must be some kind of bug, because all this course is all blue for a long time already and its entirely blue in the "snake" too = there is no reason for testing already tested skills and subtracting lingots for it. :-(

Return to “Troubleshooting Duome”