Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

Welsh listening exercise

We are not Duolingo, we cannot solve any problems directly, but we can provide community-based advice.

Johnrambo1801
Wales

Welsh listening exercise

Post by Johnrambo1801 »

I don't think I have dreamt this.
Some exercises on the Welsh course require you to listen to a sentence, then write this by choosing words from a list. You can listen to the sentence at normal speed or slowed down.
I'm sure you used to be able to click the words as the voice spoke. But now if you click a word, the voice stops and only speaks the word you clicked.

Corinnebelle

Re: Welsh listening exercise

Post by Corinnebelle »

I have noticed this since the one path, that if I hover over a word in a sentence, the audio stops... I suppose they want you to pay more attention to listening.

🇺🇸 L1 🇮🇱 Advanced beginner Duolingo levels

Languages without borders, languages bridging gaps, the Red Cross are my heroes.

Fnirk1
Sweden

Re: Welsh listening exercise

Post by Fnirk1 »

In the app I can start picking words while listening, but never on the web version.

I prefer to be able to pick words while listening. Especially in Welsh where there often are long sentences with a lot of small words.

I can see the point of view that you should be able to listen, comprend and then write - but listening and writing (or picking words) at the same time (especially on normal mode) can also be quite challenging depending on the language.

:sweden: N :gb: C1 :ru: B2 :fr: :es:B1 :de: :it: :netherlands: A1

Return to “Duolingo”