Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

Discrepancy between iPad and PC

We are not Duolingo, we cannot solve any problems directly, but we can provide community-based advice.

Jim606185
Australia

Discrepancy between iPad and PC

Post by Jim606185 »

I completed the French from English course to Level 2. I'm actually still catching up with the extra course material (which is great). However I found that some groups (such as "Memories 2" etc) were still at level 1 on the iPad but Level 2 on the PC. It's not a real problem for me, but it is a bit strange.

Native English Speaker. Currently studying French, German (basic), Dutch (Beginner), Italian (Intermediate), Russian (basic), Chinese (beginner), Scottish Gaelic (Intermediate), Norwegian (Basic)
Ic rǣde englisc spræce.

Stasia
Poland

Re: Discrepancy between iPad and PC

Post by Stasia »

Jim606185 wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 5:03 am

I completed the French from English course to Level 2. I'm actually still catching up with the extra course material (which is great). However I found that some groups (such as "Memories 2" etc) were still at level 1 on the iPad but Level 2 on the PC. It's not a real problem for me, but it is a bit strange.

When you are on the iPad, does doing the last lesson give you a 15 mins double XP boost? Because I have the same issue between doing lessons on Android and PC. PC skills have 5 lessons, so doing 5 lessons gets you to the next level. Android skills have 6 lessons, and the extra sixth lesson is what gives you the XP boost reward.

Don't ask why - it's just one of these Duolingo inequalities between different platforms.

Native: :poland:; Fluent: :es:, :us:; Getting there: Image; Intermediate: :fr:; Beginner: :ukraine:

Jim606185
Australia

Re: Discrepancy between iPad and PC

Post by Jim606185 »

Thanks for the explanation. I'm still trying to work out the new flow format, but either way as long as I get to practice my languages, I have no real problem.

Native English Speaker. Currently studying French, German (basic), Dutch (Beginner), Italian (Intermediate), Russian (basic), Chinese (beginner), Scottish Gaelic (Intermediate), Norwegian (Basic)
Ic rǣde englisc spræce.

Return to “Duolingo”