Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

[WELCO] Välkommen till "Rätta min svenska" ( Improve my Swedish )

Basler Biker
Switzerland

[WELCO] Välkommen till "Rätta min svenska" ( Improve my Swedish )

Post by Basler Biker »

The Swedish forum has been set up to allow a clear split between

• Discussions (the main forum)
  • Questions and answers, (subforum)
  • Improve my Swedish (subforum)

So now that those subforums exist, let's use them properly.

Recommended use of the "Improve my Swedish" subforum
We would welcome short text in Swedish, for correction of spelling and writint style,
and we would also encourage to post audio recordings of your pronunciation ;-)
And then, it's waiting till yyou get feedback from a native or fluent speaker.

If you have a text to be reviewed:

• write your own in your best Swedish
  • post your Swedish text to be reviewed by natives and fluent speakers
  • optionally add your original idea, the text in your native language, or in your best English
    This way reviewers get the idea which you wanted to convey in Swedish.
    Because, it's not about words here - it's about words in their context and intended meaning.

If you want to review a text posted by a user

• start a reply
  • copy paste the original text

For text to be deleted
-- select that text
-- apply red colour, then apply Strikethrough (button "S" in the toolbar of the editor field)
==> like this = code FF8040

For text to be added
-- write the new text, and select it
-- apply a highlight, such as a green colour = code 008000

Have a look at some examples, like this one viewtopic.php?t=1039

BB - Basler Biker

BB - Basler Biker - Positivity and constructiveness will prevail
Native :belgium: :netherlands: / fluent :fr: :de: :uk: / learning :sweden: / fan of :switzerland: (bs/bl)

konstig

Re: Välkommen till "Rätta min svenska" ( Improve my Swedish )

Post by konstig »

Since I have already started on the topic of how to name the subforums, I might as well keep going. "En recension" is not a correction but a summary and evaluation. (I'm pretty sure that the English "review" is the same, but I could be wrong.) "Rätta min text" would be a decent Swedish name for this subforum. Any native speaker visiting the Swedish forums for the first time should be able to understand that name without even thinking about it. The English equivalent would be "Correct my text" but my gut feeling tells me that "Correct my writing" sounds better.

However, I actually prefer "Rätta min svenska." This name would also allow you to expand the purpose of this subforum, and include advice on pronunciation. (In which case the learner would have to include a link to some kind of recording.) But even if you don't want voice recordings in this subforum, I still think that "Rätta min svenska" is the best name.

Native speaker of Swedish, reluctant user of English, passionate student of (Mandarin) Chinese, occasional reader of German, casual participant in the green owl's French class.

Basler Biker
Switzerland

Re: Välkommen till "Rätta min svenska" ( Improve my Swedish )

Post by Basler Biker »

konstig wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 5:31 pm

I actually prefer "Rätta min svenska." This name would also allow you to expand the purpose of this subforum, and include advice on pronunciation. (In which case the learner would have to include a link to some kind of recording.)

Forumtiteln är nu som den föreslagits. Tack för feedbacken. Och ja, varför inte lite ljud också. Bra idé.

Audio can be

• URL-links to existing audio on pronunciation, or
  • examples of pronunciation from native/fluent speakers here, or
  • users asking for some 2nd opinion + suggested correction, or
  • audio recording from radio/TV with the question "what is being said here?"

Looks good !

BB - Basler Biker

(and anyone can correct my Swedish too!)

BB - Basler Biker - Positivity and constructiveness will prevail
Native :belgium: :netherlands: / fluent :fr: :de: :uk: / learning :sweden: / fan of :switzerland: (bs/bl)

Return to “Skriv bättre, stavning och stil”