Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

Giving lingots to other users Topic is solved

Ask, and we'll consider your request. Provide an accurate description of what you would like to do/have, and we'll consider implementing it, if this is technically possible.

back4morelater
Great Britain

Re: Giving lingots to other users

Post by back4morelater »

lrai wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 10:37 pm

Currently they are pushing the new Duolingo Super thing, and you can get two weeks for free. It's totally up to you. Personally I feel if a site is touting how they are "free" and then they push a paid version, is it really "free"? Just rhetorically asking...LOL

They are just using a fairly common marketing strategy which is to offer something for free and then have premium option where you pay more for more options/features. So whether that's an ad-free version, extra levels or other app specific things, the free version acts as a taster or some might say a lure to sell the the premium product. The test drive of a car or other product has been around for a while. So maybe you should be grateful that Duo haven't used the two week free trial before you have to pay model , there's at least one language platform that's using that model.

lrai
United States of America

Re: Giving lingots to other users

Post by lrai »

Dear back4morelater:

I am aware of the tactic, I worked in Marketing/Advertising for many years. I just find it amusing and ironic when you consider that this site was conceived to be a free language learning tool and now it's become something other.

lrai
what's your legacy
Image 🇨🇳 🇷🇺 Learning Yiddish, Chinese, Russian

Return to “Requests new Duome features”