Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

no response from Duolingo - sorry in advance

We are not Duolingo, we cannot solve any problems directly, but we can provide community-based advice.

johnnyb
Canada

no response from Duolingo - sorry in advance

Post by johnnyb »

Hi all

Forgive me. This is a Duolingo-related question but I don't know where else to turn.

I am a paid user and over the past month I have had accumulating mistakes that will nor clear - at five now. I have written to the technical help desk three times now but have received no response.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Again, sorry about posting in this forum.

JohnnyB

Explorer
Portugal

Re: no response from Duolingo - sorry in advance

Post by Explorer »

Hello [mention]johnnyb[/mention],

I'm so sorry to hear that the technical support service of Duolingo is not answering your messages. Unfortunately, there's not much we can do from here. Perhaps you can try to contact them via Twitter.

🇬🇧 🇪🇸 🇵🇹 🇫🇷 🇩🇪 | Learning: 🇯🇵 |

johnnyb
Canada

Post by johnnyb »

Thank you for the response

That did occur to me, but I have been off Twitter since 2017.

But it is worth a try. I may create a new account.

John

Explorer
Portugal

Post by Explorer »

I wish you good luck. Please write again if you get your issue solved.

🇬🇧 🇪🇸 🇵🇹 🇫🇷 🇩🇪 | Learning: 🇯🇵 |

johnnyb
Canada

Post by johnnyb »

Hi Explorer

I created a new Twitter account sent out one tweet in which I tagged Duolingo as i described my frustration.

Happily, someone responded and asked for a ref number, which i provided.

As of 10:30 though, no corrections. We will see ...

But thanks for the idea.

johnnyb
Canada

Post by johnnyb »

Errors have cleared.

Thanks Duolingo.

It's a bit sad that as a paid user I was still required to go through twitter to get a response. There should be a direct contact method for technical issues, and one that is monitored daily.

But its done.

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

[mention]johnnyb[/mention] There is supposed to be some extra help available for paid users that I heard of, but as a non paid user I'm not sure how to point you in the right direction.

🇺🇸 L1 🇮🇱 Advanced beginner Duolingo levels

Languages without borders, languages bridging gaps, the Red Cross are my heroes.

Deleted User 1400

Post by Deleted User 1400 »

Hi there,

I have similar issues, I think they're probably just whitelisting popular domains or using a really weird blacklist provider and actually don't receive emails from lots of their clients. Twitter is no good solution usually, since they don't respond to everything. Using the report bug contact form was the best solution for me so far. There they respond quickly and everything (what not means they would fix everything).

Deleted User 1400

Post by Deleted User 1400 »

Corinnebelle wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 6:50 pm

@johnnyb There is supposed to be some extra help available for paid users that I heard of, but as a non paid user I'm not sure how to point you in the right direction.

There's another email for plus users, plus_support@duolingo.com I think, but that's not making any difference, at least not for me.

mahlerrd

Post by mahlerrd »

Disclaimer: I have no inside knowledge and no special access.

I reported a similar bug at about this same time frame about several seemingly related behaviors involving answer counts being incorrect and "clearing" incorrectly. It was a known issue and they were working on it. Since then the problem has largely (though not completely) cleared up.

I second the plus_support@duolingo.com email address. Though from all I can see, if you are currently in an a/b test or any other type of test or beta version of the app they will not answer. But if you did find a bug, there is a reasonable chance they will respond. (Their response or lack thereof had so far tracked this pretty well)

Learning Swedish from English since May, 2022.

Return to “Duolingo”