Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

In France

Moderators: MoniqueMaRie, dakanga

paulbottle

In France

Post by paulbottle »

Just back from the south of France. It was fun but outside of formal interactions I hardly understood a word. I am from the north east of England and have an accent in English so I was wondering if the French of duo lingo is Parisian and the French of the south of France is very different. Anyway I will continue and hopefully one day I will understand. Still we did better than the last time so I think some progress has been made.

Davey944676
Great Britain

Re: In France

Post by Davey944676 »

You lucky thing! Glad you had fun.

Anyway, if you have a grip on the language in "formal interactions" you're doing pretty well, I reckon. Well done! :)

🇬🇧 British Native....Learning Polish 🇵🇱, Russian 🇷🇺, Romanian 🇷🇴, Ukrainian 🇺🇦, French 🇫🇷, Welsh :wales:

pj1506
France

Post by pj1506 »

French, formal and informal is pretty much the same across France, so continue your effort!

Arabic + Tagalog

paulbottle

Post by paulbottle »

When I say formal I mean, two beers please and a slice of pate please not like at the ambassabor's ball!

Return to “French”