Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

Crowns no longer adding up on Duolingo

We are not Duolingo, we cannot solve any problems directly, but we can provide community-based advice.

Corinnebelle

Crowns no longer adding up on Duolingo

Post by Corinnebelle »

Using the internal Duolingo to look at my tree, [I use this to do lessons so I can access Duome sentences discussions.] I see that I am no longer receiving new crowns although the colors of my circles are changing. While Duome says I now have 243 crowns in Hebrew, Duolingo's are stuck at 241....the end of crowns. :|

🇺🇸 L1 🇮🇱 Advanced beginner Duolingo levels

Languages without borders, languages bridging gaps, the Red Cross are my heroes.

John Little
Brazil

Re: Crowns no longer adding up on Duolingo

Post by John Little »

I suppose this isnt totally relevant to this thread so could be moved if you think it should.

But all I know is that I've completed my tree to legendary level. I'm only doing one language simply to enable me to talk to my son's Brazilian in-laws and, eventually, our (hopefully) bi-lingual grandson.

That was my original aim but I admit I did get sucked in to the keeping score thing. I've stopped that now and I'm just using duolingo to practice. But it amazes me how so many users are into the numbers game and have been competing against each other, in some cases, for years.

It must be more of a hobby for them. Which I'm not suggesting is a bad thing. :)

John661162

Explorer
Portugal

Post by Explorer »

I still get my crowns normally. Nothing changed for me.

[mention]John Little[/mention] if you have completed the Portuguese from English course, now you can try to do the reverse tree (English for Portuguese speakers). Reverse trees often teach new vocabulary and sentences.

🇬🇧 🇪🇸 🇵🇹 🇫🇷 🇩🇪 | Learning: 🇯🇵 |

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

[mention]Explorer[/mention] But you don't have the one path yet?

Languages without borders, languages bridging gaps, the Red Cross are my heroes.

Explorer
Portugal

Post by Explorer »

Corinnebelle wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 6:11 pm

@Explorer But you don't have the one path yet?

Of course I don't. Maybe next year I'll have it :D

🇬🇧 🇪🇸 🇵🇹 🇫🇷 🇩🇪 | Learning: 🇯🇵 |

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

[mention]Explorer[/mention] I hope it takes that long!

pj1506
France

Post by pj1506 »

Same here. I just completed the Arabic course today and I didn't get the 276 crowns. I am stuck at 269 crowns since I have updated the app. It sucks..

Arabic + Tagalog

Kelikaku
Israel

Post by Kelikaku »

We know why now I should say. They have replaced all the trees with new modules and no more crowns.

Thanks so very much.
Keep up the good work.

bs'd

pj1506
France

Post by pj1506 »

I eventually managed to complete my tree by using www-internal.duolingo.com/learn

Arabic + Tagalog

Return to “Duolingo”