Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

Camille s'est rendu compte de ça hier soir. (en → fr) Topic is solved

Moderators: MoniqueMaRie, dakanga

sentence bot 🤖

Camille s'est rendu compte de ça hier soir. (en → fr)

Post by sentence bot 🤖 »

Camille s'est rendu compte de ça hier soir.

en: Camille realized that last night.

Duolingo forum topic: https://forum.duolingo.com/comment/36296053

EranBarLev
Israel

Re: Camille s'est rendu compte de ça hier soir. (en → fr)

Post by EranBarLev »

1. How about "Camille noticed that last night."? It was rejected. :( How do you say "to notice" or "to pay attention" then? I reported it just in case.

2. Shouldn't we use "en" instead of "de ça"? Are both correct?

🇮🇱N 🇬🇧C1 🇪🇸B2 🇵🇹B1 🇫🇷B1 🇸🇦A1 🇷🇺A1

Cifi

Post by Cifi »

EranBarLev wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 4:39 pm
  1. How about "Camille noticed that last night."? It was rejected. :( How do you say "to notice" or "to pay attention" then? I reported it just in case.

When looking at reverso context, to notice is a possible translation, though to realise is a lot more common, and to notice is more often translated as remarquer. To pay attention has a slightly different meaning for me, I wouldn't regard it as synonymous.

EranBarLev wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 4:39 pm

2. Shouldn't we use "en" instead of "de ça"? Are both correct?

I think they are, but I may be less advanced than you, so I hope for confirmation or correction.

Native: :de: Intermediate: :uk: Lower intermediate: :es: Beginner: :fr: Absolute beginner: 🇬🇷
(If there are errors in what I'm writing in either language, please do correct me - I'll never take it as offense or something like that.)

Cifi

Post by Cifi »

In another sentence (https://forum.duolingo.com/comment/3206 ... about-that) I tried "de ça", but Duo only accepted "en" there. I don't see any structural differences, so I'll report in just in case.

Native: :de: Intermediate: :uk: Lower intermediate: :es: Beginner: :fr: Absolute beginner: 🇬🇷
(If there are errors in what I'm writing in either language, please do correct me - I'll never take it as offense or something like that.)

Cifi

Post by Cifi »

And right the next few really very similar sentences used "de ça" instead of "en" again. Sigh.

EranBarLev
Israel

Post by EranBarLev »

🇮🇱N 🇬🇧C1 🇪🇸B2 🇵🇹B1 🇫🇷B1 🇸🇦A1 🇷🇺A1

Return to “Sentence discussions”