Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

unanswered sentence discussions

Ask, and we'll consider your request. Provide an accurate description of what you would like to do/have, and we'll consider implementing it, if this is technically possible.

LICA98
Finland

unanswered sentence discussions

Post by LICA98 »

can you make the new/unread posts function not display the unanswered sentence discussions? so that I wouldn't have to scroll thru tens of empty threads every time

Last edited by LICA98 on Thu May 11, 2023 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cifi

Re: unanswered sentence discussions

Post by Cifi »

I would be happy with this, too. I can bear it since there are not too many posts each time I look through them, but it will be harder the more lively the forums get.

Native: :de: Intermediate: :uk: Lower intermediate: :es: Beginner: :fr: Absolute beginner: 🇬🇷
(If there are errors in what I'm writing in either language, please do correct me - I'll never take it as offense or something like that.)

Explorer
Portugal

Post by Explorer »

Maybe [mention]luo-ning[/mention] can shed some light on this. He developed the sentence discussions extension for the forum.

🇬🇧 🇪🇸 🇵🇹 🇫🇷 🇩🇪 | Learning: 🇯🇵 |

LICA98
Finland

Post by LICA98 »

Explorer wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 4:46 pm

Maybe @luo-ning can shed some light on this. He developed the sentence discussions extension for the forum.

he doesn't seem to be on the forum anymore tho :?

gmads
Mexico

Post by gmads »

LICA98 wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 1:53 pm

can you make the new/unread posts function not display the unanswered sentence discussions? so that I wouldn't have to scroll thru tens of empty threads every time

I think this issue could be easily solved by adding the option "Show unanswered sentence discussions?" at the Board preferences > Edit display options page.

A filter would have to check the user's setting, and if disabled, then it would simply omit all posts from the Unanswered Sentence Discussions subforum from the New posts, the Unread posts and the Unanswered topics listings.

This solution requires modifying the code and the database as required.

Maybe this thread should be moved to the Requests > Non-standard forum.

:hash:  ㆍenglish ㆍgeneral ㆍdebate ㆍduome

🦎  Imagination is the only weapon in the war with reality.  🦎
Antinomy - Imagination

🇲🇽 :us:  ·  :it: 🇧🇷  ·  :ru: 🇦🇪

Return to “Requests new Duome features”