Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

Duome's format helped me make my own forum!

eaglefin31
United States of America

Duome's format helped me make my own forum!

Post by eaglefin31 »

Haha, this is completely unrelated to language-learning at all, but I recently undertook the task of making a website/forum for a friend as a design challenge (I format and design websites as a hobby, and sometimes as a job), and my familiarity with the forum system used by Duome enabled me to create a pretty good one in under a week! (Minus testing and advanced features). He really liked it, and I'm still adding more features to it. It's primarily a site that he uses to sell his artwork at our school, but you can check it out if you want!
Until I'm on again, have a nice day, and I hope your lives all go well and are satisfactory! :D
https://bobbitsartco.boards.net/

​Lead the sword with your body, and you will become one with it.
-Miyamoto Musashi

LICA98
Finland

Re: Duome's format helped me make my own forum!

Post by LICA98 »

the color scheme on that forum 😵

John Little
Brazil

Post by John Little »

It's not a phpBB forum, then?

John661162

Deleted User 114

Post by Deleted User 114 »

I like the that forum, was it difficult to make?

gmads
Mexico

Post by gmads »

I agree with @LICA98... it would be best to use an easier-on-the-eyes color scheme. There are quite a few pages with tips, for example: How to Choose Your Website’s Color Scheme: 8 Tools to Make It Easy.

I would also suggest:

• Increase the font size: you could try going from 90% to 130%. The line spacing will have to be adjusted.

Given the amount of work, I would sincerely recommend using a Forum Software package like phpBB or MyBB. You could also use Discourse, or even WordPress (with one of its forum plugins, like bbPress or wpForo). For other possibilities: 9 Best Forum Software (Open Source, Free & Paid).

:hash:  ㆍenglish ㆍgeneral ㆍinteresting

Last edited by gmads on Wed May 10, 2023 4:23 am, edited 2 times in total.

🦎  Amazonia is now becoming a carbon source.  🦎
Elysium - Master of the rainforest

🇲🇽 :us:  ·  :it: 🇧🇷  ·  :ru: 🇦🇪

eaglefin31
United States of America

Post by eaglefin31 »

Oh my lord! I didn't see all of these replies! Yeah, sorry about the color, that was requested specifically, I showed them and said it might not be the best, but they were adamant. In response to your replies:
LICA-98 - Yeah, the color is not the best, but they wanted that specifically
John Little - I'm 99% sure that the forum does in fact use BBCode
Jacko079 - It wasn't too tough, it just took a lot of time
gmads - Oh my god, that's a lot of info! Thanks so much, and I'm already using it on another forum I'm starting to work on. Thanks for your resources!

​Lead the sword with your body, and you will become one with it.
-Miyamoto Musashi

Return to “Random Thoughts”