Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

Hebrew Abbreviation תשע"ב : Meaning? (Full sentence: זה השיר הכי מושמע בשנת תשע"ב)

Moderator: Corinnebelle

ozRuixaZ

Hebrew Abbreviation תשע"ב : Meaning? (Full sentence: זה השיר הכי מושמע בשנת תשע"ב)

Post by ozRuixaZ »

When trying to read an online article of 'Israel hayom' I tripped over following headline:

זה השיר הכי מושמע בשנת תשע"ב

My question would be: What is the actual meaning of תשע"ב here?

Google Translator 'thinks' that it is 2017, Bing Translator 2012, a hebrew site (kizur) tells me, that it stands for jewish year 5772.
Out of context neither of these can be the case here, because the article is about the 20 most played songs in Israel. And these songs are current ones (I even happen to know some of these :)

EranBarLev
Israel

Re: Hebrew Abbreviation תשע"ב : Meaning? (Full sentence: זה השיר הכי מושמע בשנת תשע"ב)

Post by EranBarLev »

It's the Jewish year 5772 indeed. We are now in the end of תשפ"ב (5782), and next Monday is ראש השנה (New Year's Day) of תשפ"ג (5783). So תשע"ב was the year that started in the autumn of 2011 and ended in the autumn of 2012.

🇮🇱N 🇬🇧C1 🇪🇸B2 🇵🇹B1 🇫🇷B1 🇸🇦A1 🇷🇺A1

ozRuixaZ

Re: Hebrew Abbreviation תשע"ב : Meaning? (Full sentence: זה השיר הכי מושמע בשנת תשע"ב)

Post by ozRuixaZ »

Thanks for your help.
In the meantime the mystery has been solved: it was a typo in the article as it seemes. the headline now reads:

זה השיר הכי מושמע בשנת תשפ"ב

And the chapter where the article can be found is called
חגי תשרי 2022

Now the parts fit together and it makes a lot more sense to me :)

Return to “Vocabulary”