Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

Practice lessons on web and app

We are not Duolingo, we cannot solve any problems directly, but we can provide community-based advice.

Saperlipopette!

Practice lessons on web and app

Post by Saperlipopette! »

This week I was able to practice already completed lessons on the web, accessed through chrome on the smartphone.

I have also been able to practice already-completed lessons on the app for weeks -- using app on Android.

You don't lose hearts on the web, so it might make me opt for the web to use practice.

On the other hand, there are no English tiles on the web, so there's more of a chance of typing an English translation that Duo won't accept on the web.

Plus I also get the feeling that there's not the breadth of questions available versus, say, when you get the skill on general practice or like you used to through the old checkpoint practices.

Up to ten XP for a completed practice. Five plus an up to five bonus.

Anyway, it's this way for en-fr on the android. I'm assuming this ability to practice already completed lessons is going out to other platforms & languages.

Seiryuu
Canada

Re: Practice lessons on web and app

Post by Seiryuu »

I personally prefer to use the web platform because I don't have to worry about losing hearts and it's easier to type out words instead of picking from a word bank.

:canada: – Native
:cn: (Cantonese) – Conversational
:de: – Low-intermediate | :it: – Low-intermediate | :jp: – Conversational

BlahBlah
Serbia

Post by BlahBlah »

Seiryuu wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 11:41 pm

I personally prefer to use the web platform because I don't have to worry about losing hearts and it's easier to type out words instead of picking from a word bank.

And it's more beneficial to type everything than to pick the right clouds.

Saperlipopette!

Post by Saperlipopette! »

Well, I was more interested in pointing out that practice is available on app & web in the new tree. Duo recently rewrote their blog & made it a lot more detailed than when they released the new Duo.

Duo Blog

But if we're getting into an app vs web thing, I think there's room for doing both, and one isn't better than the other.

These's a lot more French to English on the web than on the app. I'm studying French and I got one lesson on the web where I had to write out ten of the sixteenth questions in English. Studying French. Writing English.

I think the app is better at French comprehension & speaking. I think the web is better at translating French to English. I think both have their uses & Value.

I think the app is more fun so I do more work there.

I think the web gets me for more unproductive mistakes so I'm less enthusiastic doing work there.

What's most important is to put in the work every day, make a small improvement every day, and over time those small improvements will add and compound into large improvements.

LICA98
Finland

Post by LICA98 »

I use the app to do the levels 0-1 (which are tapping only) then the ones that require typing on the web

Return to “Duolingo”