Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

Duolingo stories: I think the audio is different from the written text here, or am I wrong?

Moderators: MoniqueMaRie, dakanga

Cifi

Duolingo stories: I think the audio is different from the written text here, or am I wrong?

Post by Cifi »

Story "Eat your vegetables":

The text is "Tu as dit que je pouvais prender un sachet", but what I hear actually is more like "Tu as dit que je pouvais prendre un gran sachet".

Something wrong with my ears?

Last edited by Cifi on Sun Sep 18, 2022 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Native: :de: Intermediate: :uk: Lower intermediate: :es: Beginner: :fr: Absolute beginner: 🇬🇷
(If there are errors in what I'm writing in either language, please do correct me - I'll never take it as offense or something like that.)

Saperlipopette!

Re: Duolingo stories: I think the audio is different from the written text here, or am I wrong?

Post by Saperlipopette! »

Ah, this is in unit 86, if anyone else wants to check & cast their vote. The seventh checkmark down.

What I hear is the exaggerated prononciation of prendre. Pren-dre. I think that's a south France dialect that exaggerates the endings of verbs. I hear pren-dre un sachet.

Return to “Questions”