Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

What has happened to the course notes? Topic is solved

We are not Duolingo, we cannot solve any problems directly, but we can provide community-based advice.

AnomalousCowherd
Great Britain

What has happened to the course notes?

Post by AnomalousCowherd »

I've just reset my Welsh tree in order to do a full language review before polishing off the last few modules. I have noticed that there is now no option to review course notes for each individual unit on the web version. I'm just presented with the test questions, with no notes option.

Is this the "new thing" for Duolingo, or are the course notes available elsewhere and I'm just being more stupid than usual?

Corinnebelle

Re: What has happened to the course notes?

Post by Corinnebelle »

Did you get the new one path course? The tips for the lessons are at the beginning of each unit in a book. Duome also has the tips for each lesson.

🇺🇸 L1 🇮🇱 Advanced beginner Duolingo levels

Languages without borders, languages bridging gaps, the Red Cross are my heroes.

AnomalousCowherd
Great Britain

I reset my Welsh tree and got the new one-path course, but I don't see any option for viewing the tips at all. I'm on Unit 6 now, and haven't seen a single button to press anywhere to show me the grammar for the unit.

Thanks for the Duome link - this is very helpful, but I don't know what - if anything - has changed as part of the course revision. Some units have definitely been rearranged. Either that, or material from different units has been mixed up, possibly to make it flow more smoothly with the Dysgu Cymraeg Learn Welsh course which the Duolingo course broadly follows.

I'll see how far I get with the Duome resource alongside, but I think that Duolingo has now outlived its usefulness for me. :-/

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

You can see where they are supposed to be in this picture.

![](https://blog.duolingo.com/content/image ... ok--2-.png)

Read Duolingo's article for more information.

I have heard things have been restructured with other courses also.

🇺🇸 L1 🇮🇱 Advanced beginner Duolingo levels

Languages without borders, languages bridging gaps, the Red Cross are my heroes.

AnomalousCowherd
Great Britain

I'm using the web version, and that guidebook option is definitely not there, but thanks for clarifying this for me. At least I know I'm not going daft!

EranBarLev
Israel

Post by EranBarLev »

AnomalousCowherd wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 5:24 am

I'm using the web version, and that guidebook option is definitely not there

The guidebook is there in the web version too. But not all languages have it. I've seen it in Portuguese, Spanish and French, but not in Russian, Arabic or Hebrew.

2022-09-13.png
2022-09-13.png (169.79 KiB) Viewed 1510 times

🇮🇱N 🇬🇧C1 🇪🇸B2 🇵🇹B1 🇫🇷B1 🇸🇦A1 🇷🇺A1

AnomalousCowherd
Great Britain

Ah. It seems that this wasn't communicated very well in the Welsh course. The "guidebook" option has simply disappeared. I can't help but feel that this was badly done: it would have been a better user experience either for the Welsh course to remain on the old path, or a "guidebook coming soon" message to be displayed where the guidebook button should be.

Very vexing, and has put me off buying a subscription. As it currently stands, it is unusable as a language learning tool for me, which is a disappointment as I have been using it for over four years. Oh well. I'll revisit it in a few months time and see if things have changed.

Thank you, everyone who has offered me assistance.

Return to “Duolingo”