Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

seize opportunities . . !! ✨🦋

..Renad
Oman

seize opportunities . . !! ✨🦋

Post by ..Renad »

I will start with you with a story that most of you probably know, but in repeating it is definitely a benefit:

In one of the TV interviews with the world's richest people, anchor Bill Gates asked: What is the secret of your success? He did not answer her, but handed her a check and asked her to write the amount she wanted and it would be hers.
The announcer was embarrassed and confirmed that she did not mean that, Bell returned and presented her with the check asking her to write the amount she wanted, she declined again. Bell replied, "The reason for my success is that I take advantage of the opportunities that come to me, and I do not turn them back as you did."
The announcer regretted and asked to repeat the episode, he replied: We can repeat the episode, but the opportunity will not be returned. .

I think the story is very well explained and clear; In response to it, I would like to emphasize that life gives us many, many opportunities, but we do not pay attention, but rather look away. .

We are lazy and we would like the opportunity to come to us ready, but my dear ones, we neglected to look for opportunities, we neglected that opportunities come very blurry, and only the one who looks closely sees and exploits them. .

I will add to you poetry the house of opportunity. It can come in the form of a calamity, so we think that it is the end and we despair and forget that God does not fail us and that goodness is present everywhere and in every event. .

And on the mention of poetry, here are these two verses:

If your wind blows, seize it, for every beat is still
And if you give birth to your camel, milk it, so you don't know who it is for

So contemplate your life for a while, contemplate all the examples around you, and you will find many successes based on seizing opportunities. .

Be brave. Only the brave man turns every hardship into an opportunity and then seizes it. .

I will conclude with a quote that inspires me very much: The path remains the path, but the feet differ in the feet. .

Thank you . .

I don't know if this is true because I used the translator to translate this . . 😢

وترى ظُروفَ الأمسِ صارت بلسَمًا
وهي التي أَعيَتْك حينَ تعسّرتْ

رِنــاد

Dana_Dany Danuta
Poland

Re: seize opportunities . . !! ✨🦋

Post by Dana_Dany Danuta »

Hi, [mention]..Renad[/mention]!

Yes, in life you have to be brave, because: "The world belongs to people who have the courage to dream and risk to make their dreams come true" ... and try to do their best!

You just need to be able to take advantage of the opportunities that are at your fingertips and not be afraid to take risks!

I will add the Polish saying that "Kowalem swego losu / szczęścia każdy bywa sam" and it is true! 🙂

Native language: 🇵🇱 Duolingo levels

Be smart and write poems. :D

..Renad
Oman

Post by ..Renad »

Dana_Dany Danuta wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 11:04 am

Hi, @..Renad!

Yes, in life you have to be brave, because: "The world belongs to people who have the courage to dream and risk to make their dreams come true" ... and try to do their best!

You just need to be able to take advantage of the opportunities that are at your fingertips and not be afraid to take risks!

I will add the Polish saying that "Kowalem swego losu / szczęścia każdy bywa sam" and it is true! 🙂

You are absolutely right . .

Nice . .

رِنــاد

MoniqueMaRie
Germany

Post by MoniqueMaRie »

Dana_Dany Danuta wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 11:04 am

Hi, @..Renad!

We have nearly the same saying in German: "jeder ist seines Glückes Schmied"

Native :de: / using :uk: / learning :fr: :cn: :it: / once learnt Image / trying to understand at least a bit :poland:

buho

Post by buho »

I very much dislike bill gates and his ideology on many issues. a cool story nonetheless.

buho

Post by buho »

buho wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 5:05 pm

I very much dislike bill gates and his ideology on many issues. a cool story nonetheless.

Edit: I was skeptical of bill gates ever doing so, and turns out it's an urban legend.

..Renad
Oman

Post by ..Renad »

buho wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 5:05 pm

Ooh Okay . .

رِنــاد

Return to “Random Thoughts”