Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

University Topic is solved

Deleted User 1929

University

Post by Deleted User 1929 »

So, ladies and gentlemen, soon the University will start (at least in Germany) and I guess many of you are/were University students as well.
Maybe you can tell us a little about your major and a give us a few tips. 💫

MustafaOuz526752

Re: University

Post by MustafaOuz526752 »

I'm a civil engineering sophomore yet (anyone else?), so there are only so many advices I can give :D One I particularly want to tell is that don't let the ease of your first-semester trick you and hang loose. The first semester goes trouble-free for students to adjust to their new environment and make friends easily, but later as soon as the second semester starts, your studies will escalate quickly. I fell for it and had real trouble with my mid-terms. So take a rest when suitable, but don't get too relaxed ;)

David680268
Germany

Post by David680268 »

lama.03 wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 10:45 am

So, ladies and gentlemen, soon the University will start (at least in Germany) and I guess many of you are/were University students as well.
Maybe you can tell us a little about your major and a give us a few tips. 💫

I work at a German university. Let me know if there is anything you want to know.

Deleted User 1929

MustafaOuz526752 wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 6:35 pm

I'm a civil engineering sophomore yet (anyone else?), so there are only so many advices I can give :D One I particularly want to tell is that don't let the ease of your first-semester trick you and hang loose. The first semester goes trouble-free for students to adjust to their new environment and make friends easily, but later as soon as the second semester starts, your studies will escalate quickly. I fell for it and had real trouble with my mid-terms. So take a rest when suitable, but don't get too relaxed ;)

Thank you for your Tips Mustafa!

It’s interesting to hear that the first semester goes trouble-free because the difference between school and Uni is actually huge and the first semester is supposed to be shocking for students (at least from what I heard). 😅

Also, I’m a “learns a day before the exam” type of person which will probably cause me lots of problems at Uni so hopefully I’ll find a way to start studying as early as possible.

Deleted User 1929

David680268 wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 7:36 pm

I work at a German university. Let me know if there is anything you want to know.

Oh, that’s great! Thanks a lot for your offer!

I think especially in Germany each Uni and each major has its own system. However I’m sure I’ll have lots of questions when the Uni starts. So when I do I will probably come back here and ask you some. ☺️

David680268
Germany

Post by David680268 »

lama.03 wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 6:31 am

I think especially in Germany each Uni and each major has its own system. However I’m sure I’ll have lots of questions when the Uni starts. So when I do I will probably come back here and ask you some. ☺️

What subject are you going to take?

Deleted User 1929

David680268 wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 7:02 am
lama.03 wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 6:31 am

What subject are you going to take?

Wirtschaftswissenschaft, eine Mischung aus BWL und VWL

David680268
Germany

Post by David680268 »

lama.03 wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 7:19 am

Wirtschaftswissenschaft, eine Mischung aus BWL und VWL

Der wichtigsten Rat, den ich Dir dann geben kann, ist, dass Du Dich während Deines Studiums auf jeden Fall um ein Praktikum bei einem Unternehmen oder einer staatlichen Institution bemühen solltest. Vielleicht findest Du etwas, bei dem Deine Arabischkenntnisse von Vorteil sind.
Ansonsten gibt es innerhalb von BWL und VWL jeweils noch viele unterschiedliche Spezialisierungen, die auch mit unterschiedlichen Jobaussichten einhergehen. Gerade Frauen machen oftmals gerne Marketing oder Personalwesen. Das muss nicht schlecht sein, aber man hat vielleicht viel Konkurrenz. Was man zumindest zu Marketing wissen muss, ist dass man dafür viel Statistik braucht.
Mit Bilanzierung und Finanzierung (nicht zu verwechseln mit Finanzwissenschaft) kann man, mit guten Noten und Praktika, bei Unternehmensberatungen unterkommen. Natürlich wird man damit nur glücklich, wenn einem das auch gefällt.

Deleted User 1929

[mention]David680268[/mention] Danke sehr für deine Ratschläge!
Hhh dann würde ich mal sagen, dass ich auch eine “typische Frau” bin, weil ich mich auf Digital Marketing & Management konzentrieren möchte.
Genau, ich werde versuchen meine Sprachkenntnisse in diesen Bereichen auszunutzen, ich glaube auch je mehr Sprachen man fließend sprechen kann desto besser.
Was den Praktikum angeht stimme ich dir auch voll zu.

Return to “Random Thoughts”