Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

Salvete!

Moderator: Explorer

Forum rules

About the Latin Forum

Explorer
Portugal

Salvete!

Post by Explorer »

New around here? Say hello to the community of Latin learners!

🇬🇧 🇪🇸 🇵🇹 🇫🇷 🇩🇪 | Learning: 🇯🇵 |

jpivarski
United States of America

Re: Salvete!

Post by jpivarski »

I just started Latin after many years of studying French (and Haitian Creole earlier this year). I'm enjoying it a lot! It's vaguely familiar, a lot easier to pronounce, and seems to be very efficient. Also, I really like hearing recorded voices, rather than computer generated ones, even if the recording quality is not uniform.

Duolingo is great for learning vocabulary, and for cementing grammar when you already know it, but is there a good place to learn the grammar in the first place? Preferably synchronized with the Duolingo lessons, but in any form of not.

Thanks!

Explorer
Portugal

Post by Explorer »

Salve [mention]jpivarski[/mention]!

I don't know any resource that is directly synchronized with the Duolingo lessons. It is likely that someone has made a flashcard deck on Anki with the vocabulary, but I don't see much use of that since the course itself is very short and basic.

The best resource I know of for learning Latin is the Lingua Latina per se Illustrata series. Those books are absolutely amazing They not only teach you the grammar but also the culture and the Romans' way of life. I can't recommend them enough for any serious Latin learner.

🇬🇧 🇪🇸 🇵🇹 🇫🇷 🇩🇪 | Learning: 🇯🇵 |

lfsvalerio
Brazil

Post by lfsvalerio »

Salvete, omnes! I really hope this can be a space where we can help each other complement the Duolingo course, since it seems somewhat abandoned.

MoniqueMaRie
Germany

Post by MoniqueMaRie »

At the moment, I'm no longer actively studying Latin. I had five years of Latin at school. That's a good basis for learning other languages of the Romance language family.
Italian is quite easy for me now.

But I enjoy reading sometimes a bit of Latin here in the forum or in the language "games" like viewtopic.php?t=14216-the-best-movie-qu ... ation-game

Native :de: / using :uk: / learning :fr: :cn: :it: / once learnt Image / trying to understand at least a bit :poland:

Return to “Latin”