Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

Yiddish from English Word list (61 Units)

MatOzone
Catalonia

Yiddish from English Word list (61 Units)

Post by MatOzone »

Words in Yiddish from English 61 Units course:
445 Words

Duome's data

► Show Spoiler

I fully support 🇺🇦!

NATIVE: ImageㅤAlso: Image Image Image ... and some others... Duolingo Course Data.

Deleted User 5957

Re: Yiddish from English Word list (61 Units)

Post by Deleted User 5957 »

I'm a duolingo yiddish learner since September 2022. I'm often looking for yiddish language learning opportunities outside of duolingo itself.

I used the 'yiddish from English word list' post, and I downloaded your table of Duolingo yiddish words to create a spreadsheet of the words, meanings, and transliterations.

It was a fun way to brush up on vocabulary, even from words that I haven't encountered in duolingo yiddish yet.
I was able to translate about 50% of the words. The rest, I had to look up on Google Translate.
Did you ever get any feedback or comments on your post? I only discovered it a week ago, and recognized that it could be useful. I'd like to share my work with the forum, but I don't know how to post a spreadsheet file. There must be some why to display the data in the forum. Do you have any ideas about this? I'd appreciate any help you might be willing to offer.

I joined the yiddish forum in March, and have made perhaps 6 posts on mostly non-duolingo yiddish topics.
There's not much active participation in the forum, but there's up to 150 who read the posts. I can't guess how many lurkers
there are. There are around 225k yiddish learners on duolingo. I assume that the vast majority of these users are not aware of the yiddish forum on duome. Even if 1% of them joined, I think the forum would become more lively and attractive for the learners.

Anyhow, thank you for your time here, and thanks for posting the orignal list.

Deleted User 5957

Re: Yiddish from English Word list (61 Units) - correction

Post by Deleted User 5957 »

Just a small correction to my post. In it I said that there seemed to be about 150 who have participated in the forum at some point. Checking back, I noticed that there were higher viewer counts, with one up to 999 views. So, at least 1000 learners know about the forum. Too bad we can't convince them to become occasional posters.

Return to “Vocabulary”