Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

course overview 2022

dakanga

Re: course overview 2022

Post by dakanga »

🔼

Unit 60

0 WORDS

60-1 PRACTICE
Review words and grammar taught across levels

60-2 PRACTICE

60-3 PRACTICE

60-4 PRACTICE

60-5 PRACTICE

60-6 PRACTICE

60-7 PRACTICE

60-8 PRACTICE

60-9 PRACTICE

60-10 UNIT CHALLENGE
Review everything from Unit 60

dakanga

Post by dakanga »

🔼

Unit 61

0 WORDS

61-1 PRACTICE

61-2 PRACTICE

61-3 PRACTICE

61-4 PRACTICE

61-5 PRACTICE

61-6 PRACTICE

61-7 PRACTICE

61-8 PRACTICE

61-9 PRACTICE

61-10 UNIT CHALLENGE
Review everything from Unit 61

GrahamW
Canada

Post by GrahamW »

Whilst data like this is potentially useful, is this not an old tree? Also, is the terminology correct? What is referred to as Units are surely Skills.
I also don't understand the data presented within each Unit. For example, Unit 1 has 3 sets of Lessons, with 4, 3 and 4 Lessons in each set. I thought maybe the sets referred to the Lessons in different Crowns, but I've never come across a Crown Level in any language that has a different number of Lessons in the same Skill.
My language-of-the-year is Greek, so in 2022 I've only ever seen the tree that I'm currently on, which has 95 Skills presented in 5 Units. Duome tells me that it contains 432 Lessons and 3196 Lexemes.
Is there course overview information available for the tree that I'm on? I know that FieryCat used to capture such information in the now-defunct Duolingo Forum for many (all?) trees.

🇨🇦 > :it: :fr: :es: Image :de: Image 🇬🇷 :brazil: 🇨🇳

dakanga

Post by dakanga »

Hi there [mention]GrahamW[/mention] and [mention]Meli578588[/mention] .
This is a fair question to ask. However it is more appropriate to make this comment on a post related to different tree versions.
It has taken me quite a lot of time to collect this data, and to be able to share it with others.

This is the new tree design that Duolingo is currently rolling out to all users.

I will be shortly moving this fair question you have asked to a more appropriate discussion on this issue, rather than remaining on this post about the word list for the newly released Duolingo tree for this course.

In the meantime, for more information on this new content that Duolingo is rolling out to all users, check out : viewtopic.php?t=6360-well-it-happened-duolingo-changed

Meli578588
Italy

Post by Meli578588 »

Thank you much , [mention]dakanga[/mention] ,!

I just read the post and all the helpful comments referring to this. 🙂

Wanted to give you a quick “thank you.” Most helpful the things you mentioned and pointed out about the new path, as well.

Oh my gosh , I am trying to relearn Greek from
My school days , too. Wow , the time you put into this. !🎈

dakanga

Post by dakanga »

I think there are some good things about the new redesign of all the courses.

Yet I remain very angry that Duolingo continues to deny insight and control for users/learners to direct their own learning, and now have also not allowed this control for Educators to assist in directing a students learning to relevant topics within the course.

I would also like to see this sort of ability to direct your own learning, for everyone, including users/learners that do not have an educator to guide them.

GrahamW
Canada

Post by GrahamW »

@dakanga Many thanks for the info. But you can understand my confusion when you see the text in the email that I received from duome that informed me that the topic was about a 2020 course:

The forum "Greek" received a new topic "course overview 2020" by dakanga

I had no idea that this was some new course currently in development, and I hadn't seen the proposed overall changes to the structure of Duolingo. So thank you for pointing me to those and for correcting the subject of this topic to "course overview 2022".

GrahamW
Canada

Post by GrahamW »

[mention]dakanga[/mention] BTW, how on earth did you acquire this info?! Is the info available to anyone? Given that I now understand that it's an impending course, the info is much appreciated as a forewarning of what's to come.

dakanga

Post by dakanga »

How did I find this out ?
Probably I spend too much time concerned with language learning.

And - I do use resources such as Duolingo. (as well as many others .... )
And also watch what Duolingo does.
From all sorts of sources.
From announcements such as on :

And I try to keep my eye out for announcements on :

Though I tend to not be active on these sorts of platforms, I have been known to check in.

One of Duolingo's superpowers is that it is free.
It is constantly (at least at the moment in my observation) continuing to maintain and improve both the content and presentation of its platform. Which is also commendable.

However - to really assist your learning, it is good to use many sources. And to seek to do more than be guided by only one source. To be active in your own learning and ask questions, and find things that interest you. Not just wait for someone to say , do this.
At least that is in my experience.

I also like the voyage of serendipitous learning, and that each persons learning path is different. We start from different backgrounds and base knowings and interests. And are motivated by things from both within us, and according the environment around us.

Thanks again for questioning things.

Return to “Greek”