Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

One path on Duolingo

Moderator: Corinnebelle

Forum rules

General Terms of Use
Hebrew Quick Links : New Posts / Unread posts / My own posts

Corinnebelle

One path on Duolingo

Post by Corinnebelle »

Has anyone gotten the new one path on Duolingo in Hebrew?

I am wondering how it works with skills that aren't divided into 4 lessons. I suppose they just put them down and you just have to go through with them how they want them?

🇺🇸 L1 🇮🇱 Advanced beginner Duolingo levels

Languages without borders, languages bridging gaps, the Red Cross are my heroes.

EranBarLev
Israel

Re: One path on Duolingo

Post by EranBarLev »

I've gotten it, but so far I've only checked the dumbbell and the alphabet, they seem unchanged. I can't find the "legends", "politics" and "business" skills, which had more than 4 lessons, or the "space" skill which had less.

I plan to test the last unit to get my lost golden owl back, and then get everything legendary. That should actually be easier than the old tree, where the final test got me to L1 only, and I had to work through every skill from L2 to legendary. In the single path the test gets me straight to L3, and then the challenge takes me from there straight to legendary.

🇮🇱N 🇬🇧C1 🇪🇸B2 🇵🇹B1 🇫🇷B1 🇸🇦A1 🇷🇺A1

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

Do they make you take all the characters? I haven't finished them yet. I'm doing legends right now. And then will get space and business. I hope some content isn't lost! :( Hopefully it was just combined!

May I ask, are you on the web or app?

Languages without borders, languages bridging gaps, the Red Cross are my heroes.

EranBarLev
Israel

Post by EranBarLev »

Corinnebelle wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 6:55 pm

Do they make you take all the characters?

No, I just wanted to check what changed and what stayed the same.

I hope some content isn't lost! :( Hopefully it was just combined!

I don't know, I just can't find any of the advanced content. :( Maybe they just changed the names.

May I ask, are you on the web or app?

Web only.

🇮🇱N 🇬🇧C1 🇪🇸B2 🇵🇹B1 🇫🇷B1 🇸🇦A1 🇷🇺A1

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

[mention]EranBarLev[/mention] Okay. I'm not looking forward to it! Hopefully will get the course done first!

meanon

Post by meanon »

Why Duo??? 😭 When did Duo decide to switch everyone to the one path format? I was so close to finishing the tree :(

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

[mention]meanon[/mention] You still can with these hacks. internal.duolingo.com will let you access the tree. I used this method to finish my tree once the snake came down. However except for the first lesson to open new skills, I used the progress page links to finish it because then I could access the sentence discussion extension which doesn't work with internal.duolingo. There is also links to the old tree in resources which might allow you to do every lesson with the sentence extension.

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

[mention]meanon[/mention] I just got to your progress page https://duome.eu/Meanon/progress Duome was swamped for awhile so couldn't get it when I wrote the last post. But you can see where you are with it. As well as https://www-internal.duolingo.com/learn

meanon

Post by meanon »

Thank you so much for your help! I found your post in Resources and am currently cramming down as much as possible 😂

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

[mention]meanon[/mention] על לא דבר!

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

Do you still get typing practice with the one path? Or is it just wordbank since they only do a lesson like 3 times.

meanon

Post by meanon »

I only tried out one path briefly. It was very frustrating for me because it felt like they mixed up everything, got rid of the notes and tips, then threw random sentences at you and expected you to magically know new words and new grammer concepts. The levels were gone, it just throws a mix of random sentences at you, and you learn by memorizing the sentences over and over again until you get it right! There was no more introducing of new words and then slowly solidifying on the new words/grammer by upping your level. Mixing everything up is especially a problem for this course because we have so few sentences with audio that when you are introduced to new volcabulary, who knows where in the course is the sentence (with audio) that goes with it? Again, I didn't try out the one path extensively, so I might not be the best evaluator for it, but that was my impression of about a units worth of lessons.

Frankly, I feel like one path is the last straw for the Hebrew course. Taking away clubs, then forums, then locking the sentence discussions, then removing the tree structure/tips and notes doesn't leave you with much. It's a shame, because despite all the faults, the way the course creators made it (duo + memrise) made this course the best and most comprehensive learning resource I could find for free online. 🥺

Return to “Hebrew”