Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

Finally, my Welsh course is all golden

Anitagomez12
Germany

Finally, my Welsh course is all golden

Post by Anitagomez12 »

Today I finally finished my Welsh course on Duolingo, hurrying up a bit during the last weeks to avoid the new course layout (has not yet appeared as I am only using the web version). I really didn't imagine I would ever finish this course. I visited Cardiff some time ago (a friend lived there for a while and I also wanted to see some of the locations of Doctor Who and Torchwood). I really enjoyed my stay there and, many months later, I decided to start with the Welsh course just because I wanted to know how a Celtic language works. And then I got hooked up. .. and here I am now. I am nowhere near a Welsh speaking community here in Germany, so, for the time being, I'll concentrate on reading some books for learners and start with Saysomethinginwelsh, practise the Duolingo vocab, follow Doctor Cymraeg on Twitter etc. It's been a fantastic journey so far and maybe, sometime in the future when I feel confident enough, I'll travel to Wales again and try to speak a little bit. Thank you Duolingo for providing me with a basic knowledge just in time before too much gamification and animation would have put me off learning Welsh.

Native :de: speaking :uk: :fr: :es: learning :wales: 🇨🇳 :it:

01tmJ8kb

Re: Finally, my Welsh course is all golden

Post by 01tmJ8kb »

Llongyfarchiadau!

Herzlichen Glückwunsch!

:gb: N :de: A1 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 A1 :fr: A1

Dovili22
United States of America

Post by Dovili22 »

Congratulations Awesome performance!

D o r a

MoniqueMaRie
Germany

Post by MoniqueMaRie »

Congratulations

Welsh is on the list of languages I'd like to learn as well. The Duolingo course doesn't seem to be too small. So a basic level should already be achievable with Duolingo. When I was in Wales once, I was impressed by how many young people there cultivate their language.

I wish you success with speaking Welsh when you go to Wales again.

Native :de: / using :uk: / learning :fr: :cn: :it: / once learnt Image / trying to understand at least a bit :poland:

Meli578588
Italy

Post by Meli578588 »

Last edited by Meli578588 on Fri Sep 01, 2023 5:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dana_Dany Danuta
Poland

Post by Dana_Dany Danuta »

Hi, [mention]Anitagomez12[/mention]!

Congratulations!!! 🥳🎈🎊 :)

Well done and good luck in speaking Welsh! ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Native language: 🇵🇱 Duolingo levels

Be smart and write poems. :D

ElmerRamone
United States of America

Post by ElmerRamone »

Congratuwelldone! That deserves a big parade and some ice cream and cake! Let's all pretend it's happening. And just incidentally, the Duolingo change is happening on the web version too, I already got bitten. so you finished just in time. Again, way to go!

Return to “Achievements”