Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

How the hell can someone get 45000 XP in less than a week?

We are not Duolingo, we cannot solve any problems directly, but we can provide community-based advice.

Merilee
Sweden

75,000+ XP in 6 days? How is this possible?

Post by Merilee »

I’m very curious how the #1 person in my diamond league has already earned over 75,000 xps this week (with 2 more days to go). Any ideas? Are there bots?

Post moved from Requests to Random Thoughts

TammiP
United States of America

Re: 75,000+ XP in 6 days? How is this possible?

Post by TammiP »

I think that many points would be very difficult to obtain in less than a week.

John Little
Brazil

Post by John Little »

Especially at the reduced XP rate

John661162

Saperlipopette!

Post by Saperlipopette! »

Check their Duome. Here's a sample Duome for the user Duolingo.

The raw button shows everything they've done.

The Duolingo experience is different for everyone depending on your goals and languages that you use on Duolingo.

You can't post the link to their Duome here but you can get it by replacing Duolingo in the link above with their user id.

if you have trouble interpreting the results you can describe them to us and the languages they're getting the XP in. Some people here have done 40-50 languages and could say, oh, yeah, that language has all multiple choice answers.

The new Duolingo format could change things, and that's coming soon.

I don't think there are bots but there are open source scripts & other tools.

DavidWheel01

How the hell can someone get 45000 XP in less than a week?

Post by DavidWheel01 »

I admit that I don’t the greatest stats but I have at least completed a course. I might have reached 20000 XP but I spent about 7 hours a day for 7 days. It’s a little demoralizing when your trying to learn and still enjoy the ‘gamification’ aspect. I suppose that there is not a good answer but at least I’ve said my piece.
Cheers, David

Attachments
4B5C48F0-CE98-4206-B5EE-EC5921A57159.png
4B5C48F0-CE98-4206-B5EE-EC5921A57159.png (465.69 KiB) Viewed 6750 times
uralicnomad
Hungary

Re: How the hell can someone get 45000 XP in less than a week?

Post by uralicnomad »

Well some people are just like that. I know a guy, 49 years old.. who spends 8 hours a day on the xbox and 12-14 on the weekends.. sometimes more

The same game, screaming about the same things. It's been that way since 2004

Steve579062

Post by Steve579062 »

There are some sad people about........

I'm using language to keep my old brain working.

DavidWheel01

Post by DavidWheel01 »

I appreciate that I’m not the only one who sees human nature at work.

Steve, I like you sign off line!
At 64 and having had a deer knock me off my motorcycle, I use language for my brain as well.

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

[mention]DavidWheel01[/mention] I've moved this to discussions and merged it with a similar topic on the same subject. I hope you don't mind.

Here are some links you might find interesting.

viewtopic.php?p=37163-extreme-xp-points#p37163

viewtopic.php?p=3107-xp-farming-xp-bot- ... bots#p3107

🇺🇸 L1 🇮🇱 Advanced beginner Duolingo levels

Languages without borders, languages bridging gaps, the Red Cross are my heroes.

DavidWheel01

Post by DavidWheel01 »

You are a better judge of that than I.

LICA98
Finland

Post by LICA98 »

yesterday I was farming XP by doing the legendary levels and got 320XP in 15 min

so say someone does it for 5 hours daily it's 6400 XP and in a week about 45k

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

DavidWheel01 wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 11:25 pm

You are a better judge of that than I.

This forum isn't easy to navigate. I try to put things together so we don't end up with a lot of topics about the same thing.

I want to say, "Welcome to Duome!" I hope you find the answers to your questions here.

🇺🇸 L1 🇮🇱 Advanced beginner Duolingo levels

Languages without borders, languages bridging gaps, the Red Cross are my heroes.

Cosi
Canada

Post by Cosi »

Well, they cheat.

GaryHarrison
Isle of Man

Post by GaryHarrison »

It's very frustrating - if it continues and more start using the Duo Hack then what's the point when loyal members are being kepy off the top of the Diamond league.
Duo has completely gone down hill recently and I note that they never reply to emails or care bout the loyal members..

LlyaneStanfield

Post by LlyaneStanfield »

I have someone in my group (Diamond League) who made 202020 XP in 2 days.
Bots?

Last edited by LlyaneStanfield on Wed Jan 10, 2024 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
ValerieKer12
Australia

Post by ValerieKer12 »

There is a bug in the iOS version, now and again I get a Unit Rewind that only has 2 questions for 20 XP. If used with a 15 minute XP Boost and a happy hour I can get 50 points in a few seconds, pay 100 gems for an extra 15 minutes and you can clock up thousands. I'm guessing other people are getting the same thing, I was #1 in the Diamond League a few weeks ago (all my own work) and on the Sunday I was beaten by 30000 points in a few hours.
Is it cheating? I don't know, but if it appears, I'm using it.

Antonyant11
Australia

Post by Antonyant11 »

It seems now for some reason I get the occasional super easy unit rewind.

Two questions only with no typing.
I can get 40xp in 4-7seconds.

So you can easily get over 10k xp in an hour with xp boosts.

It is boring as hell and I am not learning anything when this happens!
Yet I feel I need to do it to keep my place.

Before this started happening I would clock up about 10-15k per week. Now it seems the sky is the limit.

Please remove this feature asap as it ruins the leaderboard.
It has become so bad I am already looking for alternative learning platforms.

Thomas.Heiss
Germany

Post by Thomas.Heiss »

Antonyant11 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:55 am

It seems now for some reason I get the occasional super easy unit rewind.

Two questions only with no typing.
It is boring as hell and I am not learning anything when this happens!

Please remove this feature asap as it ruins the leaderboard.

What platform are you on? IOS?
If Android: What OS and app version is installed?

When do you get it? In a League challenge? Personalized practice? A lesson when you click a path level?

On Android you can try a downgrade to an older app version (direct APK install).

What course / language are you working on?

TBH, I'm not a huge fan of newer Android app versions as they removed the Lighting round and replaced with the silly word match madness.
And the new *** star timed exercises are bad enough designed to make sure that you always run out of time, even in beginner levels at earlier sections and units, even if you know Portuguese for 7 years.
Staff is pushing way too much into the Super subscription direction.

I went back to an older APK but it doesn't have section grouping/ filters so if you're into CEFR courses this will be a huge issue as they're way too long with the path overlay UI.
My older app version forces loading of ALL units / with constant scrolling (still manageable for Portuguese and shorter courses).

I do see new A/B tests for courses like French, Spanish and English which have more than 300 units.

:de: Native | :us: Upper-B2 (BritishCouncil) | ImageL25 (Duo) / A2 (6+y, McGraw-Hill) - Learning (Busuu): :fr: (A1 McGraw-Hill) | :brazil: (interm.)

Thomas.Heiss
Germany

Post by Thomas.Heiss »

Antonyant11 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:55 am

It has become so bad I am already looking for alternative learning platforms.

Nextlingua app comes to my mind.
You can unlock Premium for one day and HD voices by watching six ads.

I recently enrolled into EF Hello https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... ef.efhello
but it requires a Premium subscription.
There's a lot of English intermediate and advanced content and for some reason only the English app is visible to me on the Play store publicly but have the other linked one installed already.

• French only has 4 intermediate/advanced courses
  • Spanish has 6 intermediate/advanced
  • main focus is Foundation (A1) with 12 (FR) / 14 (ES) course modules and 8 (FR) / 7 (ES) Beginner (A2) sub courses/modules.

Similar issue with Xeropan (a Hungarian company) https://xeropan.com/download which has a lot of English B2 and C1 content available but lacks behind with the French and Spanish (much shorter); they do show the words content in the course list.

I got an email offer from EF for Eastern sale which is much cheaper than the usual yearly subscription price so I wanted to give it a try; AI explain and AI roleplay would have been beneficial.

Doesn't sound like native French voices to me, more like TTS; a bit disappointing compared to Memrise, Mondly or Busuu.
Lingvist also had great Spanish voices in 2017 but I think it was TTS too (high quality, crystal clear, much better than Google translate TTS or Duolingo was).

I didn't see any French, Spanish or Italian EF course content before upgrading to EF Pro.
When I registered in the app only English was available.

I know for sure that Babbel has more French or Spanish courses as you can see ALL modules and course structure, do one free lessson oer course.
But the Babbel subscription price is very high; even higher if you want two accounts or access to ALL languages.

..(...)..

Wish I would find another huge French resource besides Busuu which doesn't burn a hole into the purse which needs to be reserved for Rc heli and orher stuff.

Have you tried Busuu for Spanish yet? Freemium with ads is available too!
The Indonesian language is not available, sorry.

I mainly stick to Mondly.
But it's less typing, more tapping of word banks, full phrases but no grammar explanations (there are verb conjugation tables which Duolingo removed in 2017).
So a headstart with completing a Duolingo course and reading volunteer contributor Web Tips&Notes before IMHO is elementary not to struggle with Mondly in a new language.

@Antonyant11
Edit: Mondly offers several languages including Indonesian.

Edit 2: Font size / Accessibility with the 2023 Android app updates is a bigger problem. My older Brazilian Portuguese app version has the bigger fonts and nicer colours.

Edit 3: Newer Mondly app (by Pearson) also has an offline download button where you can access all topics without WiFi or Umts/LTE connection on am Android phone.

:de: Native | :us: Upper-B2 (BritishCouncil) | ImageL25 (Duo) / A2 (6+y, McGraw-Hill) - Learning (Busuu): :fr: (A1 McGraw-Hill) | :brazil: (interm.)

jemlush
Great Britain

Post by jemlush »

I am sure there was a bot in the diamond league finals called ______________________ I ended up competing with. It was supposedly learning Czechoslovakian and achieved thousands of xp on the league table but very little on its daily practice. How is this allowed?

Last edited by Corinnebelle on Mon Apr 08, 2024 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: The username published in this post have been edited for privacy reasons in accordance with Duome's terms of use. Thank you for your understanding.

Return to “Duolingo”