Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

Practice the same skill for XP

These Duome Forum guides have step-by-step instructions and screenshots on how to achieve the desired results. So read the relevant ones before you ask again.

__CF__
Norway

Practice the same skill for XP

Post by __CF__ »

There are people who are able to accumulate many XP by practicing the same skill over and over again:

This is only an example:

I thought: "Nice trick, let me try it", and that failed:

Do you know how this is done?

I only intend to use this if others are on top of the leaderboard this way, in other cases, I would not use it.

Lauren
Dominican Republic

Re: Practice the same skill for XP

Post by Lauren »

Hi [mention]CF[/mention]
Well, I don't know how that works exactly, but i recommend to you, don't use, because it is not the best example for others, since those people only want to be in the first place, and win awards.

Also, can be they use Duolingo in the app, where there are xp inflation in only 15 minutes, you can do it double xp.

So, my recommendation, ignore them. Because we gain nothing by doing what they themselves do, if we learn nothing.

Regards.

And when you're gone, who remembers your name? Who keeps your flame? Who tells your story?
- Aaron Burr

Native: 🇪🇸 Learning: B1.2: 🇺🇸 ㅤA2.2: 🇫🇷

MoniqueMaRie
Germany

Post by MoniqueMaRie »

The one who is first in my league had 7000XP in one day. I wondered how he did that (but not too much, or I would have looked up the history too).

Native :de: / using :uk: / learning :fr: :cn: :it: / once learnt Image / trying to understand at least a bit :poland:

John Little
Brazil

Post by John Little »

When I rebelled against the XP tyrants, I got paired with an actual friend in the friend challenge. To keep up my end but not get any points, I used the opportunity to really practice my tenses by doing the same lesson over and over thereby achieving the lesson quota but not getting many XP

John661162

O.Zoe
Greece

Post by O.Zoe »

The person whose history you've shared seems to be doing lessons, not practicing a golden skill. Is it possible that they started the specific skill from level 1 and kept doing lessons until they brought it to level 4/5?

🇬🇷 N :gb: C1 :de: B1 :it: A1

__CF__
Norway

Post by __CF__ »

O.Zoe wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 12:49 pm

The person whose history you've shared seems to be doing lessons, not practicing a golden skill. Is it possible that they started the specific skill from level 1 and kept doing lessons until they brought it to level 4/5?

Thanks for the feedback, O.Zoe, I may try that some time when I have much time :)

Today, once again, the person accumulated many XPs with the same lesson over and over again. At least he succeeds in getting a lot of followers, but I think that is not worth the cheat for me.

It would be fun to be able to teach such persons a lesson, though... :lol:

Cifi

Post by Cifi »

O.Zoe wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 12:49 pm

This didn't come to my mind before, but I think it's quite possible. I've reset the Greek course twice already, because I was busy taking notes and copying content to my writing exercises, and at least for the secound time around, I was able to fly through the first few lessons in seconds rather than minutes. If someone did this in order to gain XPs very fast, well, it's not against Duolingo's rules, they just might not learn very much new stuff though.

Native: :de: Intermediate: :uk: Lower intermediate: :es: Beginner: :fr: Absolute beginner: 🇬🇷
(If there are errors in what I'm writing in either language, please do correct me - I'll never take it as offense or something like that.)

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

Cifi wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 8:34 pm

This didn't come to my mind before, but I think it's quite possible. I've reset the Greek course twice already, because I was busy taking notes and copying content to my writing exercises, and at least for the secound time around, I was able to fly through the first few lessons in seconds rather than minutes. If someone did this in order to gain XPs very fast, well, it's not against Duolingo's rules, they just might not learn very much new stuff though.

I suppose if you memorized it you might be able to do it in 15 seconds?

🇺🇸 L1 🇮🇱 Advanced beginner Duolingo levels

Languages without borders, languages bridging gaps, the Red Cross are my heroes.

Cifi

Post by Cifi »

Corinnebelle wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 10:40 pm

I suppose if you memorized it you might be able to do it in 15 seconds?

Well, this was the Greek course, where the first lesson mostly consists of syllables/sounds, so once you know the alphabet, you can easily do it. But I think the first lessons of other courses are similarly easy to do.

Native: :de: Intermediate: :uk: Lower intermediate: :es: Beginner: :fr: Absolute beginner: 🇬🇷
(If there are errors in what I'm writing in either language, please do correct me - I'll never take it as offense or something like that.)

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

[mention]Cifi[/mention] Oh, okay.

Languages without borders, languages bridging gaps, the Red Cross are my heroes.

justheaven

Post by justheaven »

I think something sketchy might be happening here, [mention]Cifi[/mention]
Because let's be real even the fastest of learners with the fastest device can't do a lesson in 14 seconds. Hell, in 14 seconds I can't even load the page let alone finish a whole practice lesson (as easy as that lesson may be). That's ridiculously fast for a human being. For a machine, not so much. ;) I mean take a look at the time intervals in which you have to load the page, do the lesson, load the next page, etc. This is impossible.

I've seen stats like this many times when I was in the Leagues and to me this is just plain hacking. (But I'd be very glad if I'm wrong here and we have a real life Barry Allen learning Greek on Duolingo :D )

PS. There's another trick come to think of it. If they're deliberately failing the Legendary exercise, which always gives you 20xp as long as you answer half of the sentences (so like 7-10). Which means the user either has infinite lingots to buy legendary and fail every 14 seconds on purpose, or is just a PLUS user. However my first theory (hacking) somehow seems more realistic lol.

N🇧🇬 A2:es: C1:us:
"That youngster's naturalness is impressive."Duolingo

Cifi

Post by Cifi »

[mention]justheaven[/mention]: yes, you are probably right. It felt extremely fast, and I may have done some lessons in less than a minute, but likely I never got below 30 or 40 seconds.

Does it make sense to report users who seem to use some kind of automation/scripting, or doesn't Duolingo care about it anyway?

John Little
Brazil

Post by John Little »

I was practicing the same lesson over and over deliberately to both practice and to keep my XP down but then I noticed that my XP scores on other lessons had been drastically reduced.

When I googled, I found a page that said That duo can recognise attempts to inflate xp and will automatically reduce the awards.

Which was OK with me because I was on a mission to go down the leagues for fun

John661162

O.Zoe
Greece

Post by O.Zoe »

Cifi wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 7:06 am

Does it make sense to report users who seem to use some kind of automation/scripting, or doesn't Duolingo care about it anyway?

Yes, it does. This is what is mentioned on Duolingo's Community Guidelines

Script or cheat maliciously

Duolingo believes in honest learning. If you are scripting for the purposes of cheating or sharing information and instructions about using Duolingo in a way that may impact the system, community, learning, data or experience in a negative or significant manner, your account and posts may be removed.

🇬🇷 N :gb: C1 :de: B1 :it: A1

LICA98
Finland

Post by LICA98 »

justheaven wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 10:25 pm

I think something sketchy might be happening here, @Cifi
Because let's be real even the fastest of learners with the fastest device can't do a lesson in 14 seconds. Hell, in 14 seconds I can't even load the page let alone finish a whole practice lesson (as easy as that lesson may be). That's ridiculously fast for a human being. For a machine, not so much. ;) I mean take a look at the time intervals in which you have to load the page, do the lesson, load the next page, etc. This is impossible.

I've seen stats like this many times when I was in the Leagues and to me this is just plain hacking. (But I'd be very glad if I'm wrong here and we have a real life Barry Allen learning Greek on Duolingo :D )

PS. There's another trick come to think of it. If they're deliberately failing the Legendary exercise, which always gives you 20xp as long as you answer half of the sentences (so like 7-10). Which means the user either has infinite lingots to buy legendary and fail every 14 seconds on purpose, or is just a PLUS user. However my first theory (hacking) somehow seems more realistic lol.

well I just tried that lesson and it's definitely possible, since it's the first lesson the legendary level is literally 5 questions (2+3) so you get 2 right to get to the checkpoint and then quickly fail the remaining and do it all over again

here are my stats

justheaven

Post by justheaven »

LICA98 wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 10:38 am

well I just tried that lesson and it's definitely possible, since it's the first lesson the legendary level is literally 5 questions (2+3) so you get 2 right to get to the checkpoint and then quickly fail the remaining and do it all over again

here are my stats
![image](https://user-images.githubusercontent.c ... b60dfb.png)

Interesting. So I apologize for insinuating hacking here. I guess it's the second theory that's right: failing Legendary on purpose on the easiest skill. Either way... I don't know how I feel about this trick... Do you think this is cheating? I think it kind of is... But then again Duolingo allows it so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Anyway. This just proves that Leagues are a mistake. :lol:

I have reported many many accounts I thought were hacking when I used to play in the Leagues (that was 2+ years ago). They used to take seriously such reports (sometimes I was wrong and nothing happened, sometimes I was right and the account in question was deleted). It doesn't hurt to report if you have any suspicions.

N🇧🇬 A2:es: C1:us:
"That youngster's naturalness is impressive."Duolingo

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

How mind numbingly boring, but at that speed of execution, I suppose one would have to be on the ball to make sure one gets it right, really fast, in multiplicity.

DaliborNovy
Czech Republic

Post by DaliborNovy »

It is also possible without lingots (when you have already spent them) or PLUS. Just manually paste (copy) URL for a five-crown skill, e.g. : https://www.duolingo.com/skill/cs/Body

I think Duolingo should do something against it. Otherwise, the League is pointless. Maybe the new Duolingo (One Path) is such an attempt.

Native: 🇨🇿ㅤ Learning: 🇺🇸 🇫🇷DuomeDuolingoDuoBooster

David680268
Germany

Post by David680268 »

DaliborNovy wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 1:05 pm

Otherwise, the League is pointless.

The leagues are stupid anyway. Repeating a lesson just to farm experience points is an absolute waste of one's lifetime.

MagyarJános
Hungary

Post by MagyarJános »

David680268 wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:48 pm

The leagues are stupid anyway. Repeating a lesson just to farm experience points is an absolute waste of one's lifetime.

It is really bad if someone is trying to learn a difficult language. I am trying to learn Hungarian and it is one of toughest languages in the world to learn....it was only brought down a level from Chinese because they switch to the Roman alphabet. Even then, there is so much to remember that even after 2 1/2 years on here (today is day 909) and having been to level 25 in both tree directions, I STILL don't feel proficient.

LICA98
Finland

Post by LICA98 »

MagyarJános wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 1:39 am
David680268 wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:48 pm

It is really bad if someone is trying to learn a difficult language. I am trying to learn Hungarian and it is one of toughest languages in the world to learn....it was only brought down a level from Chinese because they switch to the Roman alphabet. Even then, there is so much to remember that even after 2 1/2 years on here (today is day 909) and having been to level 25 in both tree directions, I STILL don't feel proficient.

yeah the lessons in the Hungarian for English course take an eternity to complete as the sentences are super long, I just end up doing basic stuff from other languages to not be relegated lol :lol:

the English for Hungarian speakers course is quite decent tho

Steven683729
United States of America

Post by Steven683729 »

It is also possible without lingots (when you have already spent them) or PLUS. Just manually paste (copy) URL for a five-crown skill, e.g. : It is also possible without lingots (when you have already spent them) or PLUS. Just manually paste (copy) URL for a five-crown skill, e.g. : https://www.duolingo.com/skill/cs/Body I think Duolingo should do something against it. Otherwise, ...

I think Duolingo should do something against it. Otherwise, the League is pointless. Maybe the new Duolingo (One Path) is such an attempt.

?? How exactly do you use the URL? What do you mean by "Body" in https://www.duolingo.com/skill/cs/Body? What "Body"? What should I put in for "Body"? Sorry for my ignorance, but I really don't understand your message. Please advise. Thank you.

DaliborNovy
Czech Republic

Post by DaliborNovy »

[mention]Steven683729[/mention] :-) I don't do it. I only found it out and verified it works. "Body" - it is the name of the five-crown skill. The first part of the URL - you can see it during any lesson. But I don't intend to encourage such behavior. I just wanted to say the league has serious weaknesses.

Native: 🇨🇿ㅤ Learning: 🇺🇸 🇫🇷DuomeDuolingoDuoBooster

SKC

Post by SKC »

Ignorant question! Is it possible to earn 30 XP every 1-3 minutes without cheating? I suspect a person in my league is scripting. There are no lessons for over 4 weeks but days and days of 30 XP when they are behind the leader in points.

Screenshot 2022-10-29 215712.png
Screenshot 2022-10-29 215712.png (497.35 KiB) Viewed 4658 times
PtolemysXX
Uganda

Post by PtolemysXX »

i am dealing with someone getting 40XP every two minutes or so.

xp tricks.PNG
xp tricks.PNG (38.25 KiB) Viewed 4643 times

Maybe it is the timed challenges that one does at a very basic level. But even then my experience is that the exercises get harder and harder with each round and eventually one cannot make more than a few. Yet I see people going like this for hours. Maybe it is not cheating. I hope that duolingo investigates that and if it is cheating they should bar such users from the competion. It is extremely frustrating to be surrounded by people like this week after week.

dakanga

Post by dakanga »

Scripting was an issue that Duolingo did take action on. And I am sure it still does.

I can suggest it is worthwhile to write in a bug report.
https://support.duolingo.com/hc/en-us/a ... ort-a-bug-

Take note - they also greatly appreciate screen shots, and any information you may have captured. Though start the report with the issue described in just a couple of sentences - to the point.

GaryDRobson
United States of America

Post by GaryDRobson »

How do you pull up those recent practice tables that you are posting screen shots of? I can't find that in Duolingo, and duome hasn't pulled new information in two months.

Thomas.Heiss
Germany

Post by Thomas.Heiss »

@GaryDRobson

It's the RAW button: www.duome.eu/USERNAME

:de: Native | :us: Upper-B2 (BritishCouncil) | ImageL25 (Duo) / A2 (6+y, McGraw-Hill) - Learning (Busuu): :fr: (A1 McGraw-Hill) | :brazil: (interm.)

Tim Kool
United States of America

Post by Tim Kool »

For me, practicing the same skill over and over gives me less XP each time, so I do not recommend it. Also do not do the same lesson over and over, try doing a new one occasionally.

Highscorer_to_be
Spain

Post by Highscorer_to_be »

Hi there, how/where can I find the overview of other user's recent practice sessions?

Return to “Duome's How-to Guides”