Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

[Resolved] Pão de queijo - Brasilian food

Moderator: Explorer

Cifi

[Resolved] Pão de queijo - Brasilian food

Post by Cifi »

Hi all, I'm not actually learning Portuguese, but I have a question to Brasilian people who might read this forum:

I have tried to make these, and it kind of worked, they were crunchy outside, and they raised a little, too, so the inside was soft and fluffy with holes. However I have never tasted the originals, so I'm not really sure how they are supposed to be. Especially, inside the dough was not really dry after baking, still a little like gum or maybe jelly-like. Is it supposed to be like this?

(Edit: I found a nearby Brazilian cafe that lists them on their menu, so I'll probably be able to find this out on my own soon.)

Native: :de: Intermediate: :uk: Lower intermediate: :es: Beginner: :fr: Absolute beginner: 🇬🇷
(If there are errors in what I'm writing in either language, please do correct me - I'll never take it as offense or something like that.)

Cifi

Re: [Resolved] Pão de queijo - Brasilian food

Post by Cifi »

For those who may come across this topic: I still haven't tried them in a Brazilian restaurant, but this recipe worked perfectly for me:

https://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-make-p ... chn-176118

Native: :de: Intermediate: :uk: Lower intermediate: :es: Beginner: :fr: Absolute beginner: 🇬🇷
(If there are errors in what I'm writing in either language, please do correct me - I'll never take it as offense or something like that.)

gmads
Mexico

Post by gmads »

Cifi wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 9:37 am

For those who may come across this topic: I still haven't tried them in a Brazilian restaurant, but this recipe worked perfectly for me:

https://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-make-p ... chn-176118

And two weeks later... have you?

I'll comment later on the recipe, once I take a look at it. I used to make bread, in general, so this sounds interesting.

🦎  Amazonia is now becoming a carbon source.  🦎
Elysium - Master of the rainforest

🇲🇽 :us:  ·  :it: 🇧🇷  ·  :ru: 🇦🇪

Cifi

Post by Cifi »

gmads wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 4:01 am

[And two weeks later... have you?

I'll comment later on the recipe, once I take a look at it. I used to make bread, in general, so this sounds interesting.

No, actually I'm so in love with them that I don't really care anymore how authentic they are.

When you look into it, you will probably find that it is quite different from others bread recipes using yeast or sourdough.

John Little
Brazil

Post by John Little »

We had a lot of them in Brazil. They seem to give them away with coffee. They are... Ok. But I wouldn't go there especially for them. A bit dry and bland

Last edited by John Little on Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

John661162

Cifi

Post by Cifi »

John Little wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:52 am

A bit dry and bland

Oh, than mine might actually be better than the original :D

Return to “Culture & Society”