Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

Yo bebo, tú bebes, él bebe. (en → es) Topic is solved

Moderators: xillegas, Stasia

sentence bot 🤖

Yo bebo, tú bebes, él bebe. (en → es)

Post by sentence bot 🤖 »

Yo bebo, tú bebes, él bebe.

en: I drink, you drink, he drinks.

Duolingo forum topic: https://forum.duolingo.com/comment/24140569

Jimbo

Re: Yo bebo, tú bebes, él bebe. (en → es)

Post by Jimbo »

Whenever I'm playing around in early lessons, I always try to come up with the less usual answers, and (given the English and asked to translate into Spanish) this time I went with "Bebo, bebés, bebe".

Reading through the sentence discussion however, something stood out - some people were arguing that allowing 'bebés' meant that one could get it confused with the Spanish word for 'babies'. Given that '[vos] bebés' is a conjugated verb, and '[los/unos] bebés' is a plural noun, is there really any passage where you could reasonably mix those up?

(Also, I'm cringing reading said discussion page. Some people are asking why Spanish verbs aren't conjugated the same way as English ones - which, OK, it's a really early lesson, but there are also people wondering why their answers from Google translate weren't available - specifically why they were only offered one 'bebe' in a multi-choice list because Google told them - quite rightly - that 'bebe' meant 'you drink' - and they hadn't paid enough attention to know when to use it. Why would you try using a translator on Duolingo? Does that not defeat the purpose?)

Native language: 🇬🇧. Novice getting towards rookie: 🇪🇸. Beginner: 🇬🇷, 🇯🇵.

EranBarLev
Israel

Re: Yo bebo, tú bebes, él bebe. (en → es)

Post by EranBarLev »

🇮🇱N 🇬🇧C1 🇪🇸B2 🇵🇹B1 🇫🇷B1 🇸🇦A1 🇷🇺A1

Return to “Sentence discussions”