Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

The Diamond Tournament

We are not Duolingo, we cannot solve any problems directly, but we can provide community-based advice.

Saperlipopette!

The Diamond Tournament

Post by Saperlipopette! »

One of my friends advanced in the Diamond Tournament so I gave them the heart emoticon.

On the app, I have to give the emoticon they choose, but on the web, I can choose among five emoticons.

I never had the opportunity to play a Diamond Tournament so I am curious how it works.

![](

Deleted User 114

Re: The Diamond Tournament

Post by Deleted User 114 »

I am also in the semi-finals of the tournament.

So far, it is just like a leaderboard. If you are in the top twenty, you pass on to the finals, if you don’t, you go back to the diamond league.

That is what the semi-finals are like, if I make it to the finals, I’ll keep you updated. :)

buho

Post by buho »

Saperlipopette! wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:32 am

On the app, I have to give the emoticon they choose, but on the web, I can choose among five emoticons.

hold the button to send congrats and you'll see all five.
pardon the image quality, max allowed size is 256kib

example
example
screen_402x170.gif (164.68 KiB) Viewed 51304 times
Meli578588
Italy

Post by Meli578588 »

I always wondered how to do that. :) I’ll see if I can do that.

Last edited by Meli578588 on Mon Oct 02, 2023 12:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
SweNedGuy
Belgium

Post by SweNedGuy »

Is this 'Diamond tournament' another gizmo trying to keep users hooked to the DL app?
So far I didn't notice anything about that tournament on the DL website version.

Speaking :netherlands: :fr: :uk: :es: Learning :de:(B2-) :it:(B1) Image :sweden: :portugal: Image (A)

buho

Post by buho »

Meli578588 wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:13 pm

I always wondered how to do that. :) I’ll see if I can do that.

yes, it's not very intuitive. I discovered this by chance.(phone was about to slip through my hand when i was congratulating fellow learners, and this menu popped up XD)

luciennet
France

Post by luciennet »

The diamond tournament runs over 4 weeks and each week that you stay in it you get a piece of diamond. Similar to the leagues, top people progress, bottom people drop back to normal diamond league. I think in the last week it is only top 5 who “win” the tournament.

For me I was progressed to the tournament my first week in diamond league. After the tournament finishes you go back to normal diamond league, and then it said it would be four weeks until the next tournament.

Saperlipopette!

Post by Saperlipopette! »

I have some more questions about the Diamond Tournament.

Does this mean that, when you get placed in a new league after doing your first item of work for the week on Duolingo, you get placed in a league with 29 other people in the same tournament ? And the next week, do you get placed in a league with 29 others who finished in the top 20 of the previous week's tournament, all different 29 users, mostly from all different Diamond leagues ?

What is the ratio of plus to non plus users in a 30-member Diamond Tournament league?

So far what is the effect of the tournament ? With an hour to go in the league, are the green lights on next to, say, most of the people in 15th to 25th place ?

If you aren't in the top 25, can you get Demoted to obsidian ?

Do the top three still get their picture in circles at the end of the week, and do the bucket counters increment ?

Return to “Duolingo”