Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

Streak Freeze

We are not Duolingo, we cannot solve any problems directly, but we can provide community-based advice.

paulbottle

Streak Freeze

Post by paulbottle »

Is it possible to put duo to sleep for a month? I am going to France for a while on holiday but would like to keep my streak! I want to speak french (as best I can) in France and not duolingo. Any ideas?

Corinnebelle

Re: Streak Freeze

Post by Corinnebelle »

Umm, no. Unfortunately there is no cryo chamber for Duo while you experience the real world.

🇺🇸 L1 🇮🇱 Advanced beginner Duolingo levels

Languages without borders, languages bridging gaps, the Red Cross are my heroes.

lrai
United States of America

Post by lrai »

Paul:

If you have someone you really trust you could have them sign in for you daily and do one lesson, so they can be helping you keep your streak, and helping themself learn a language. I think it's a win-win but you really need to trust them and know they won't slack. Just my thoughts.

BTW it would be nice for duo to have a function where you can take a long break (more than two days) as life does go on.

lrai
what's your legacy
Image 🇨🇳 🇷🇺 Learning Yiddish, Chinese, Russian

Meli578588
Italy

Post by Meli578588 »

Meli578588 wrote: ↑
@Corinnebelle

Your animation is adorable !

Last edited by Meli578588 on Sun Oct 01, 2023 8:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
paulbottle

Post by paulbottle »

lrai wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:07 pm

Paul:

If you have someone you really trust you could have them sign in for you daily and do one lesson, so they can be helping you keep your streak, and helping themself learn a language. I think it's a win-win but you really need to trust them and know they won't slack. Just my thoughts.

BTW it would be nice for duo to have a function where you can take a long break (more than two days) as life does go on.

The only person I would trust is coming with me and she is going to lose her streak! Paul.

lrai
United States of America

Post by lrai »

Paul:

Too bad...that was the only thing I can think of for your problem...anyone else have an idea?

lrai
what's your legacy

LICA98
Finland

Post by LICA98 »

paulbottle wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:02 am

Is it possible to put duo to sleep for a month? I am going to France for a while on holiday but would like to keep my streak! I want to speak french (as best I can) in France and not duolingo. Any ideas?

well it wouldn't be a streak anymore if you could just stop it for a month would it :roll: also why won't you be able to do duolingo in France?

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

Meli578588 wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:41 am

@Corinnebelle

Your animation is adorable !

Thanks! I got it from [mention]dakanga[/mention] here

🇺🇸 L1 🇮🇱 Advanced beginner Duolingo levels

Languages without borders, languages bridging gaps, the Red Cross are my heroes.

Meli578588
Italy

Post by Meli578588 »

Oh , there’s more !

Thank you for the link. These are all too cute and fun !

Last edited by Meli578588 on Sun Oct 01, 2023 8:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
paulbottle

Post by paulbottle »

LICA98 wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:43 pm

well it wouldn't be a streak anymore if you could just stop it for a month would it :roll: also why won't you be able to do duolingo in France?

If a streak freeze is allowed for a day why not a month? I want to try and speak french to french people while in France not duolingo; it may not be logical but it seems right to me.

Upbeat 88
Mexico

Post by Upbeat 88 »

Corinnebelle wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:11 pm

Umm, no. Unfortunately there is no cryo chamber for Duo while you experience the real world.

you dont want to know how hard i am laughing what you said is sooooooooooooo true and so funny my friend ]

LICA98
Finland

Post by LICA98 »

paulbottle wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:55 am
LICA98 wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:43 pm

If a streak freeze is allowed for a day why not a month? I want to try and speak french to french people while in France not duolingo; it may not be logical but it seems right to me.

one day is allowed as a backup as it's a short period of time and accounts for people having no internet or just forgetting about it, however if you could just stop at any point and resume it at any point that's not a streak anymore

also it takes like 5 minutes a day to keep your streak, it's not like it's some super hard job :roll:

lrai
United States of America

Post by lrai »

LICA:

While I do see your point, I can also understand why someone who wants to go on vacation wants to take a break from all the things that go on in their working life. Sometimes people travel and where they want to go has no access to the internet and that can be for more than a week, but a streak freeze doesn't allow for that to happen. So, one can choose to take a break and thereby lose all their hard work to keep a streak or decide the streak is more important than a break...it's a hard choice for some of us. I am not sure if you can see my point and the one Paul is trying to make. Yes, it's 5 min of work but what if you can't access the internet, or can't take your computer? I believe Paul is just expressing his frustration over it, I don't think it's more than that. However I could be wrong ;)

BTW I am just expressing my thoughts on this topic as well. I am planning a 30 day break and won't be taking a computer or accessing the internet for my own sanity, so my streak will effectively end at that time. It's a hard choice to make but one I need to do.

lrai
what's your legacy

Return to “Duolingo”