Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

What if you had the ability to . . . . ?! question ✨

..Renad
Oman

What if you had the ability to . . . . ?! question ✨

Post by ..Renad »

What if you had the ability to move to any place you want, in what would you use this ability, and what places would you go to it . . ?!

وترى ظُروفَ الأمسِ صارت بلسَمًا
وهي التي أَعيَتْك حينَ تعسّرتْ

رِنــاد

MoniqueMaRie
Germany

Re: What if you had the ability to . . . . ?! question ✨

Post by MoniqueMaRie »

On hot summer days like the last few weeks, I would love to be able to beam myself straight to a Nordic country (I live in Germany).

On dark winter evenings after work I want to beam myself somewhere where there is still light.

Both preferably on a coast with wind and waves.

Where would you want to go?

Native :de: / using :uk: / learning :fr: :cn: :it: / once learnt Image / trying to understand at least a bit :poland:

..Renad
Oman

Post by ..Renad »

MoniqueMaRie wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 1:15 pm

On hot summer days like the last few weeks, I would love to be able to beam myself straight to a Nordic country (I live in Germany).

On dark winter evenings after work I want to beam myself somewhere where there is still light.

Both preferably on a coast with wind and waves.

Where would you want to go?

Ooh good . .

I will travel around the world and I will go to places that are difficult for people to reach, I mean unknown places . .

رِنــاد

zerogrqvity
United States of America

Post by zerogrqvity »

. . 𝑀𝑦 𝑙𝑖𝑓𝑒 𝑖𝑠 𝑚𝑦 𝑚𝑒𝑠𝑠𝑎𝑔𝑒 [mention]..Renad[/mention] I love that!

Anyways, I would go to Japan, and tons of other places! I live in Georgia (the state), there's a lot to do here. Although, I do want to explore the world. Though; I have a huge fear of heights.. you cant really drive by car to Japan to Georgia, I don't think there's a train, either.

👤♠ ㄥєт 𝓪𝕝Ⓛ ʸᗝᑌ 𝒹ᗝ в𝕖 𝐝Øⓝᗴ ⒾⓃ ⓒό𝓝ᖴι𝔡ⓔ𝓝𝐜𝓔 🎈🍫

Native: 🇺🇸 Learning: 🇯🇵 🇪🇸

MoniqueMaRie
Germany

Post by MoniqueMaRie »

zerogrqvity wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 4:24 pm

. . 𝑀𝑦 𝑙𝑖𝑓𝑒 𝑖𝑠 𝑚𝑦 𝑚𝑒𝑠𝑠𝑎𝑔𝑒 @..Renad I love that!

Anyways, I would go to Japan, and tons of other places! I live in Georgia (the state), there's a lot to do here. Although, I do want to explore the world. Though; I have a huge fear of heights.. you cant really drive by car to Japan to Georgia, I don't think there's a train, either.

You can go by train and boat - but that will take some time

Native :de: / using :uk: / learning :fr: :cn: :it: / once learnt Image / trying to understand at least a bit :poland:

MoniqueMaRie
Germany

Post by MoniqueMaRie »

Unknown places? Ok, I would like to visit Mars. It has always been one of my dreams. But as I'm no astronaut beaming would be the only possible way to get there.
Please invent it!

Davey944676
Great Britain

Post by Davey944676 »

Well, I love walking, but some of my favourite and most beautiful high spots take a bit of getting to...and then you have to get down again before dark really.

I'd really like to just be able to jump to a scenic spot on top of a mountain, whenever I felt like it on a clear night to sit and watch the stars for a bit and have a few drinks...then just jump back home again when I got a bit cold or bored.

Simple is good, sometimes. :)

🇬🇧 British Native....Learning Polish 🇵🇱, Russian 🇷🇺, Romanian 🇷🇴, Ukrainian 🇺🇦, French 🇫🇷, Welsh :wales:

zerogrqvity
United States of America

Post by zerogrqvity »

[mention]MoniqueMaRie[/mention] Yeahhhh, might as well just take a plane.

Note: The Georgia Lottery is up to 1.3B dollars- what would you do with that money?

👤♠ ㄥєт 𝓪𝕝Ⓛ ʸᗝᑌ 𝒹ᗝ в𝕖 𝐝Øⓝᗴ ⒾⓃ ⓒό𝓝ᖴι𝔡ⓔ𝓝𝐜𝓔 🎈🍫

Native: 🇺🇸 Learning: 🇯🇵 🇪🇸

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

Go to the beach, watch the sunset, go to the Alps, go to Ireland, visit Orion...

🇺🇸 L1 🇮🇱 Advanced beginner Duolingo levels

Languages without borders, languages bridging gaps, the Red Cross are my heroes.

Drymice

Post by Drymice »

Right now, I'd probably go to Mongolia, Chile, or New Zealand, b/c it's summer where I live. Other than that, I'd probably go somewhere in Mongolia, Chile, Nepal, Denmark, or New Zealand.

I'm as dry as a mouse.

MoniqueMaRie
Germany

Post by MoniqueMaRie »

zerogrqvity wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 7:21 pm

@MoniqueMaRie Yeahhhh, might as well just take a plane.

Note: The Georgia Lottery is up to 1.3B dollars- what would you do with that money?

I wouldn't want to have that much money. I think it would be a burden for me

..Renad
Oman

Post by ..Renad »

. . 𝑀𝑦 𝑙𝑖𝑓𝑒 𝑖𝑠 𝑚𝑦 𝑚𝑒𝑠𝑠𝑎𝑔𝑒 @..Renad I love that!

Thx . .

good ,, are you an otaku . . ?!

MoniqueMaRie wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 4:42 pm

Unknown places? Ok, I would like to visit Mars. It has always been one of my dreams. But as I'm no astronaut beaming would be the only possible way to get there.
Please invent it!

I also want to visit space . .

Davey944676 wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 6:46 pm

Well, I love walking, but some of my favourite and most beautiful high spots take a bit of getting to...and then you have to get down again before dark really.

I'd really like to just be able to jump to a scenic spot on top of a mountain, whenever I felt like it on a clear night to sit and watch the stars for a bit and have a few drinks...then just jump back home again when I got a bit cold or bored.

Simple is good, sometimes. :)

yes i agree with you . .

Corinnebelle wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 7:44 pm

Go to the beach, watch the sunset, go to the Alps, go to Ireland, visit Orion...

Drymice wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 9:10 pm

Right now, I'd probably go to Mongolia, Chile, or New Zealand, b/c it's summer where I live. Other than that, I'd probably go somewhere in Mongolia, Chile, Nepal, Denmark, or New Zealand.

good . .

رِنــاد

Return to “Random Thoughts”