Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

Translate Unofficial Duolingo Stories!

We are not Duolingo, we cannot solve any problems directly, but we can provide community-based advice.

Rupledo
Poland

Translate Unofficial Duolingo Stories!

Post by Rupledo »

Hello. Some of you probably have heard of the Duolingo unofficial stories website, but I thought I'd share it anyway.
The stories are interactive just like the official ones, and make for a great supplement to Duolingo!

The website is https://duostories.org . You can see that there are quite a few languages - and many more being worked on behind the scenes!
I am currently working on the Polish stories, but as you can see from the site, many rare languages/conlangs/dialects are also on there!

It'd be great to get some more contributers! We use a Discord server to coordinate between contributers: https://discord.com/invite/4NGVScARR3. We hope to see you there!

EranBarLev
Israel

Re: Translate Unofficial Duolingo Stories!

Post by EranBarLev »

Oh, I see they've changed the URL.

And I still can't register to Discord on my computer. It never lets me pass the captcha.

🇮🇱N 🇬🇧C1 🇪🇸B2 🇵🇹B1 🇫🇷B1 🇸🇦A1 🇷🇺A1

Rupledo
Poland

Post by Rupledo »

EranBarLev wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 3:10 am

Oh, I see they've changed the URL.

And I still can't register to Discord on my computer. It never lets me pass the captcha.

Hmm maybe you could try registering on another device, and simply logging in on the computer?

EranBarLev
Israel

Post by EranBarLev »

Rupledo wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 3:29 am
EranBarLev wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 3:10 am

Hmm maybe you could try registering on another device, and simply logging in on the computer?

I tried on my old laptop and it's exactly the same. :(

Nola504

Post by Nola504 »

Thanks so much for sharing! 8-)

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

Any idea where the Hebrew stories went? There used to be a couple on carex. Now the site has moved I can't see them anymore. I'm not a fan of discord.

🇺🇸 L1 🇮🇱 Advanced beginner Duolingo levels

Languages without borders, languages bridging gaps, the Red Cross are my heroes.

EranBarLev
Israel

Post by EranBarLev »

Corinnebelle wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 6:35 am

Any idea where the Hebrew stories went? There used to be a couple on carex. Now the site has moved I can't see them anymore. I'm not a fan of discord.

I still see them:
https://duostories.org/he-en

duome

Post by duome »

There is no link on the front page, I think that's the issue.

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

EranBarLev wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:05 am

I still see them:
https://duostories.org/he-en

Thank you! I will update my resources.

Languages without borders, languages bridging gaps, the Red Cross are my heroes.

Rupledo
Poland

Post by Rupledo »

Hmm... I don't know. I'll ask and let you know.

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

Rupledo wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 8:30 pm

Thanks! I think [mention]EranBarLev[/mention] gave me the link, but you can't find them from the front page.

Rupledo
Poland

Post by Rupledo »

Corinnebelle wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 8:54 pm
Rupledo wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 8:30 pm

Thanks! I think @EranBarLev gave me the link, but you can't find them from the front page.

They should be there now!

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

[mention]Rupledo[/mention] Todah rabah! Thank you very much!

Thomas.Heiss
Germany

Post by Thomas.Heiss »

Wow, there are even 36 stories available for European Portuguese (from Portugal).

:de: Native | :us: Upper-B2 (BritishCouncil) | ImageL25 (Duo) / A2 (6+y, McGraw-Hill) - Learning (Busuu): :fr: (A1 McGraw-Hill) | :brazil: (interm.)

Return to “Duolingo”