Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

More specific stats

Ask, and we'll consider your request. Provide an accurate description of what you would like to do/have, and we'll consider implementing it, if this is technically possible.

eirhul
Norway

More specific stats

Post by eirhul »

Recently I’ve been wondering how much of my total xp earned is from the different types of lessons. For example Match Madness leaderboard event, stories or audio lessons. Would also be cool to see the total amount of lessons complete for each specific type of lesson. I can’t find this anywhere though, so thought it would be cool to have this on Duome.

I’m thinking something like this:
Match madness event: 25 lessons complete, 1’000 total xp earned.

And it would be like that for all the different lessons.

Would it be possible to make that a feature on Duome? If so it would be very motivating to have more specific stats. Watching the numbers go up as you practice, and seeing more detail so you can track your progress and goals.

duome

Re: More specific stats

Post by duome »

Currently xp data is not detailed for anything other than lessons, all other activities fall into one unnamed category. It's technically possible to track more only if I create a classroom and you join this classroom. Not the easiest way and it's certainly not for everyone.

EranBarLev
Israel

Post by EranBarLev »

[mention]duome[/mention], can't you even tell which language the other activities were in?

🇮🇱N 🇬🇧C1 🇪🇸B2 🇵🇹B1 🇫🇷B1 🇸🇦A1 🇷🇺A1

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

I suppose wishing the trajectory calculation of your projected finish date for a course couldn't be modified to only be calculated with the data of how many new lessons you finish per day instead of how many lessons total you do is an even more unattainable thing to wish for.

🇺🇸 L1 🇮🇱 Advanced beginner Duolingo levels

Languages without borders, languages bridging gaps, the Red Cross are my heroes.

duome

Post by duome »

EranBarLev wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 4:42 am

@duome, can't you even tell which language the other activities were in?

No

Corinnebelle wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 4:46 am

I suppose wishing the trajectory calculation of your projected finish date for a course couldn't be modified to only be calculated with the data of how many new lessons you finish per day instead of how many lessons total you do is an even more unattainable thing to wish for.

If I remember it well, I take the average number of lessons per day for this particular language and see how many more lessons there are. The question is what should be considered a finish date - first I show projected date for tree level 1, then tree level 2.., gradually, all the way up the legendary, but some people study each skill to the legendary level and only then then proceed to the next one. Trajectory calculation for this scenario would have to show the legendary tree calculation, but how do I know the learner's intention? I mean "realiably", there's no way to tell it.

And how do you see it, [mention]Corinnebelle[/mention] ?

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

[mention]duome[/mention] Well for your first tree only new lessons count towards completing it. So for example if you do 3 lessons, 1 new and 2 review on average, the thing calculates it on the number of lessons your are doing in total instead of the number of new lessons you are doing. Once you get past the first tree things get a bit murky. It's nice to have a projected finish date, but of course that depends on how much color you give those circles in what order once you've finished them once.

My thing says 16 more days to go to finish the tree, but that is dividing 43 by 3 per day roughly. However I am only doing 1 new lesson per day and two reviews, which means more like two months for my finish date.

Languages without borders, languages bridging gaps, the Red Cross are my heroes.

duome

Post by duome »

Well, this is actually possible, albeit somewhat tricky to code.. )

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

[mention]duome[/mention] Well, I'm sure there's bigger fish to fry.

Return to “Requests new Duome features”