Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

MP3 attachment

Ask, and we'll consider your request. Provide an accurate description of what you would like to do/have, and we'll consider implementing it, if this is technically possible.

weerwater

MP3 attachment

Post by weerwater »

I'm surprised I cannot find this question elsewere on this language forum but perhaps 'mp3' or 'audio' are just not the correct words to look for.

I have tried to get mp3 files attached to posts (and responses to posts) through the 'Attachments tab'. Unfortunately the .mp3 extension is not listed.
Is there a chance that it will be added? I would like to use these audio files in discussions on pronounciation.

Thanks.

Basler Biker
Switzerland

Re: MP3 attachment

Post by Basler Biker »

weerwater wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 1:19 pm

I'm surprised I cannot find this question elsewere on this language forum but perhaps 'mp3' or 'audio' are just not the correct words to look for.

I have tried to get mp3 files attached to posts (and responses to posts) through the 'Attachments tab'. Unfortunately the .mp3 extension is not listed.
Is there a chance that it will be added? I would like to use these audio files in discussions on pronounciation.

Thanks.

The mp3 extension should be OK. The option was just not activated.
But now I have tested the MP3 upload function, and will let [mention]duome[/mention] admin decide whether to open it for your or for all forums.

• Any idea what the maximum size of your files is?
  • In which specific forum would you like to have it?

BB - Basler Biker - Positivity and constructiveness will prevail
Native :belgium: :netherlands: / fluent :fr: :de: :uk: / learning :sweden: / fan of :switzerland: (bs/bl)

Basler Biker
Switzerland

Post by Basler Biker »

Basler Biker wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 9:47 pm
weerwater wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 1:19 pm

Thanks.

But now I have tested the MP3 upload function, and will let @duome admin decide whether to open it for your or for all forums.

[mention]weerwater[/mention] Can you check the mp3 upload?

Native :belgium: :netherlands: / fluent :fr: :de: :uk: / learning :sweden: / fan of :switzerland: (bs/bl)

weerwater

Post by weerwater »

Basler Biker wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 3:35 pm

But now I have tested the MP3 upload function, and will let @duome admin decide whether to open it for your or for all forums.*

@weerwater Can you check the mp3 upload?

Yes, the extension is present now. [attachment]De har vært i landet for å hjelpe til med å holde ro og orden.mp3[/attachment]

Most sentence files are smaller than 100 KB

Attachments
De har vært i landet for å hjelpe til med å holde ro og orden.mp3
Recorded for discussion purposes
(52.06 KiB) Downloaded 28 times
Last edited by weerwater on Sun Apr 10, 2022 7:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Basler Biker
Switzerland

Post by Basler Biker »

weerwater wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 8:40 am
Basler Biker wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 3:35 pm

But now I have tested the MP3 upload function, and will let @duome admin decide whether to open it for your or for all forums.*

@weerwater Can you check the mp3 upload?

Yes, the extension is present now. De har vært i landet for å hjelpe til med å holde ro og orden.mp3

Most sentence files are smaller than 100 KB

OK. Sounds a bit strange. But it's not Swedish...Is this a native Norvegian speaking Norvegian? ;-)
Remember that uploading is one thing, but if resources are located outside duome - on a public location - you can of course also simlpy "include" them by URL.

Lycka till!

weerwater

Post by weerwater »

Thank you.

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

So if one uploads audio files, does one just paste them inline? I have been wanting to include audio for the Hebrew forum. So far I found a public domain file on Wikitionary. Is there a code if I use a link? I would like to link this for starters. It's not mp3 so I don't know about uploads. I don't see any other Hebrew words with sound, so I don't think I'll need any more ogg files. Perhaps other people in other languages might find it useful to display them?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... -Ivrit.ogg

🇺🇸 L1 🇮🇱 Advanced beginner Duolingo levels

Languages without borders, languages bridging gaps, the Red Cross are my heroes.

Return to “Requests new Duome features”