Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

Musik auf Spanisch

gmads
Mexico

Musik auf Spanisch

Post by gmads »

Wenn Sie Musik auf Spanisch mögen
Wenn Musik auf Spanisch dir gefällt, poste ich im englischen Forum Konversationsthreads mit verschiedenen Stilrichtungen. Sie tragen den Titel "Música en español".

Last edited by gmads on Sat Jul 16, 2022 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

🦎  Imagination is the only weapon in the war with reality.  🦎
Antinomy - Imagination

🇲🇽 :us:  ·  :it: 🇧🇷  ·  :ru: 🇦🇪

Cifi

Re: Musik auf Spanisch

Post by Cifi »

Señor Gmads, muchas gracias! Per no nos hable tan formal, por favor. Preferimos el "tú" en línea.

Native: :de: Intermediate: :uk: Lower intermediate: :es: Beginner: :fr: Absolute beginner: 🇬🇷
(If there are errors in what I'm writing in either language, please do correct me - I'll never take it as offense or something like that.)

gmads
Mexico

Post by gmads »

Cifi wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 10:30 pm

Señor Gmads, muchas gracias! Per no nos hable tan formal, por favor. Preferimos el "tú" en línea.

Blame it on Google Translate :!: :D

Lots and lots of years ago I started to study German, but I didn't advance much: being an autodidact on languages back then was quite complicated. I have been thinking for some weeks now about starting the German course on DL, as I discarded the Japanese one, but... I'm still thinking it :D

I imagine that I just need to substitute the "Sie" pronoun with "du." Right?

Antinomy - Imagination

Cifi

Post by Cifi »

Well, it's similar as in Spanish: generally the verb form changes in accordance with the subject. This applies to mögen, too, because it works the same way as "to like", with the person liking something being subject and not object as in Spanish.

• Si te gusta ... - Wenn du ... magst (singular, informal)
  • Si le gusta ... - Wenn Sie ... mögen (singular, formal)
  • Si os gusta ... (in Spain), si les gusta ... (in America) - Wenn ihr ... mögt (plural, informal)
  • Si les gusta ... - Wenn Sie ... mögen (plural, formal - informal see above)

But we have another verb that is closer to gustar in terms of grammar:

Wenn ... dir/Ihnen/euch/Ihnen gefällt.

Here you only need to modify the object pronoun, as in Spanish.

Native: :de: Intermediate: :uk: Lower intermediate: :es: Beginner: :fr: Absolute beginner: 🇬🇷
(If there are errors in what I'm writing in either language, please do correct me - I'll never take it as offense or something like that.)

Cifi

Post by Cifi »

And Google translate is notoriously bad about correctly translating you, even between Italian and Spanish.

gmads
Mexico

Post by gmads »

Cifi wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 4:43 pm

Well, it's similar as in Spanish: generally the verb form changes in accordance with the subject. This applies to mögen, too, because it works the same way as "to like", with the person liking something being subject and not object as in Spanish.

• Si te gusta ... - Wenn du ... magst (singular, informal)

Not as in English where the verb only changes for the third person singular. Thanks.

I would have to say: "Wenn du Musik auf Spanisch magst [...]."

Cifi wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 4:43 pm

But we have another verb that is closer to gustar in terms of grammar:

Wenn ... dir/Ihnen/euch/Ihnen gefällt.

Here you only need to modify the object pronoun, as in Spanish.

In this case I would then need to express it as: "Wenn Musik auf Spanisch dir gefällt [...]."

Now I have two options to choose from :D

I'll go with the last one :)

Antinomy - Imagination

Return to “Spanisch”