Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

Who hates mChat?

Upbeat 88
Mexico

Who hates mChat?

Post by Upbeat 88 »

who hates and literally hates mChat please let me know I am trying to work something out with votes if you don't like this post and comment and if you like post if you want to and like if you like the chat

EranBarLev
Israel

Re: ?whos hates mChat?

Post by EranBarLev »

I hate mChat. I never use it. I find it annoying. When it was introduced it was on the main page, and I was truly relieved when it was removed from there.

🇮🇱N 🇬🇧C1 🇪🇸B2 🇵🇹B1 🇫🇷B1 🇸🇦A1 🇷🇺A1

IceVajal
Germany

Post by IceVajal »

I just abandoned it when it was no longer on the main page. 😂

N :de: - B2 :us: - Beginner :ru: (Busuu: B1) - :netherlands:

Davey944676
Great Britain

Post by Davey944676 »

Why would anybody hate anything that costs them nothing, causes no obvious harm to others, and nobody is forcing them to use?

What's the worst anybody can say about it? It's sometimes languagy and it's sometimes trivial and a bit daft when it's quiet... :)

🇬🇧 British Native....Learning Polish 🇵🇱, Russian 🇷🇺, Romanian 🇷🇴, Ukrainian 🇺🇦, French 🇫🇷, Welsh :wales:

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

"Literally hates" are strong words. Finding something annoying might be a better way of putting things. The answer is simple. If you don't like it, don't use it.

Perhaps one should list reasons for disliking something instead of writing such a post.

I find there isn't many people to chat with, but it is a privilege to even have an mchat feature after Duolingo.

🇺🇸 L1 🇮🇱 Advanced beginner Duolingo levels

Languages without borders, languages bridging gaps, the Red Cross are my heroes.

Explorer
Portugal

Post by Explorer »

I think it's a useful feature that allows you to write with other native speakers in real time. I have seen that French and Polish students/speakers have already made some interesting meetings there ;) The only drawback is that there are not too many people using the chat yet. Still, if you don't like it, you don't have to use it.

🇬🇧 🇪🇸 🇵🇹 🇫🇷 🇩🇪 | Learning: 🇯🇵 🇮🇹 |

buho

Re: Who hates mChat?

Post by buho »

I have rarely used it, but like the feature nonetheless.
Also, why would you 'hate' it? Hate is a strong word. If you use it(the word), you should at least give reasons.

I suppose you didn't really mean 'hate' but rather annoying?

Upbeat 88
Mexico

Post by Upbeat 88 »

okay i am trying to get votes like i said but okay there's a few who do and don't okay thanks

LICA98
Finland

Post by LICA98 »

well I don't really hate it I just never use it 😂

zerogrqvity
United States of America

Post by zerogrqvity »

Well, M-chat is a good feature to have. For example, the French lessons! Many people attend these lessons. (I do not attend these, but I have seen them!) It helps educate the people that are learning French and maybe even the people teaching French learn. I don't really use M-chat much, only when I feel like it. But I agree with [mention]Corinnebelle[/mention] Hate is a strong word, and I also agree with [mention]Davey944676[/mention] There's no point in hating a feature that may useful to other people. And [mention]Upbeat 88[/mention] Maybe give the title a little more, uh jazz? Like maybe make it, "What are your opinions on mChat?

So maybe that way more people will comment?

👤♠ ㄥєт 𝓪𝕝Ⓛ ʸᗝᑌ 𝒹ᗝ в𝕖 𝐝Øⓝᗴ ⒾⓃ ⓒό𝓝ᖴι𝔡ⓔ𝓝𝐜𝓔 🎈🍫

Native: 🇺🇸 Learning: 🇯🇵 🇪🇸

Deleted User 1414

Post by Deleted User 1414 »

I'm a reader, but I feel like a European morning. Is good.

panyamnyenyekevu
Ukraine

Post by panyamnyenyekevu »

Well I really wish a lot more people would use mchat more - especially like to see our thriving native Arabic speaking community taking advantage of it!

🇺🇦

IceVajal
Germany

Post by IceVajal »

panyamnyenyekevu wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 10:22 pm

Well I really wish a lot more people would use mchat more - especially like to see our thriving native Arabic speaking community taking advantage of it!

I used it when it was on the front page as I saw when someone was online and could join in. These days whenever I check in at mChat nobody is there.

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

[mention]IceVajal[/mention] You can hover over the conversation bubble on the bar at the top, it will tell you if someone is there.

Languages without borders, languages bridging gaps, the Red Cross are my heroes.

IceVajal
Germany

Post by IceVajal »

[mention]Corinnebelle[/mention], hovering would work at the desktop, but on my tablet I always have to open it. Or do I miss something? 🤔

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

[mention]IceVajal[/mention] I using the web, so as far as I know no.

IceVajal
Germany

Post by IceVajal »

[mention]Corinnebelle[/mention], I use mainly mobile devices and a lot on public transport. It would be perfect for chatting. But well...

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

[mention]IceVajal[/mention] I hardly run into anyone there either! It's fun when I get a good conversation going!

IceVajal
Germany

Post by IceVajal »

I enjoyed it when it started, but since it vanished from the front page, I never saw anyone online at mChat. Perhaps this will change when the numbers go up...

Pinta
United States of America

Post by Pinta »

What is mchat? I never heard of it. Is it a feature that only exist in mobile version? Someone please explain...

Native 🇰🇷 Fluent 🇺🇸 Learning 🇷🇺 & 🇪🇸

IceVajal
Germany

Post by IceVajal »

@Pinta , it's a chat place here at the forum. If you go to the top in the right corner you'll see two speech bubbles, there you'll find machst.

Pinta
United States of America

Post by Pinta »

@IceVajal Thanks!

Native 🇰🇷 Fluent 🇺🇸 Learning 🇷🇺 & 🇪🇸

Return to “Random Thoughts”