Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

A beginner's writing exercise

Cifi

A beginner's writing exercise

Post by Cifi »

Motivated by [mention]Corinnebelle[/mention], I wrote a few sentences in Greek using vocabulary and grammar I've learned so far. I'm afraid the plot isn't too exciting ;)

I used a translator back and forth with my initial draft, and changed it a bit to avoid grammar that Duolingo hasn't taught within the first section (tower 1), but there still may be errors.

Αυτή είναι η Μαρία. έχει ντομάτες, ένα αγγούρι, κρεμμύδια και ένα αβοκάντο. Κάνει σαλάτα.

Η Μαρία μένει με την αδερφή της. Η Άννα δεν τρώει κρέας, είναι χορτοφάγος.

Η Μαρία και η Άννα τρώνε σαλάτα με ψωμί και πίνουν κρασί.

Native: :de: Intermediate: :uk: Lower intermediate: :es: Beginner: :fr: Absolute beginner: 🇬🇷
(If there are errors in what I'm writing in either language, please do correct me - I'll never take it as offense or something like that.)

Corinnebelle

Re: A beginner's writing exercise

Post by Corinnebelle »

Good on you [mention]Cifi[/mention] The more you use a language, the better you get! :)

🇺🇸 L1 🇮🇱 Advanced beginner Duolingo levels

Languages without borders, languages bridging gaps, the Red Cross are my heroes.

O.Zoe
Greece

Post by O.Zoe »

Μπράβο! There are no mistakes in your sentences! :D
Let's see how you can modify this text as soon as you learn more vocabulary and linking words! ;)

🇬🇷 N :gb: C1 :de: B1 :it: A1

Cifi

Post by Cifi »

Thanks for your support, [mention]O.Zoe[/mention]!

I managed to read Μπράβο letter by letter and then understood it even though at first sight the picture of this group of letters didn't mean anything to me (which is that kind of magic which I remembered from learning to read my native language).

Native: :de: Intermediate: :uk: Lower intermediate: :es: Beginner: :fr: Absolute beginner: 🇬🇷
(If there are errors in what I'm writing in either language, please do correct me - I'll never take it as offense or something like that.)

Return to “Greek”