Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

@mentions

Ask, and we'll consider your request. Provide an accurate description of what you would like to do/have, and we'll consider implementing it, if this is technically possible.

duome

Re: @mentions

Post by duome »

Stasia wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 6:59 pm

...could someone actually competent change "z polski" to "z polskiego" under "I'm learning"?

I see MatOzone has already done it for you )

luo-ning

Post by luo-ning »

[mention]duome[/mention] two things:

1) Any plans to implement the profile link? I've now published it here as a drop-in replacement for the default mention BBCode: https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/bbco ... file_link/

2) The new styles still aren't showing for me on mobile — likely a caching issue. Can you try purging the cache and see if that fixes it?

🦀 Pensando en la inmortalidad del cangrejo 🏴‍☠️ Flags Are Not Languages

duome

Post by duome »

luo-ning wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 10:43 pm

Code: Select all

<a class="mention">@{TEXT}</a>
<script data-baseurl="{LOCAL_URL}" data-username="{TEXT}">(function(script) {
    script.previousElementSibling.href = script.dataset.baseurl + 'memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&un=' + encodeURIComponent(script.dataset.username);
    script.remove();
})(document.scripts[document.scripts.length - 1]);</script>

Replaced the code...

And what about the styles on mobile? Are they ok?

Basler Biker
Switzerland

Post by Basler Biker »

duome wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 7:02 am
luo-ning wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 10:43 pm

Code: Select all

<a class="mention">@{TEXT}</a>
<script data-baseurl="{LOCAL_URL}" data-username="{TEXT}">(function(script) {
    script.previousElementSibling.href = script.dataset.baseurl + 'memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&un=' + encodeURIComponent(script.dataset.username);
    script.remove();
})(document.scripts[document.scripts.length - 1]);</script>

Replaced the code...

And what about the styles on mobile? Are they ok?

what is the change supposed to do? I see no difference...

BB - Basler Biker - Positivity and constructiveness will prevail
Native :belgium: :netherlands: / fluent :fr: :de: :uk: / learning :sweden: / fan of :switzerland: (bs/bl)

duome

Post by duome »

It makes the links clickable

but

I don't think I get "you were mentioned" notifications for quite a while already...

Can someone summon duome, please? (or did you say paging duome?:)

Deleted User 133

Post by Deleted User 133 »

[mention]duome[/mention], do you copy? Over.

duome

Post by duome »

It works. Thank you. Yet this is the only mention I can see in my notifications even though I've seen more @duome instances in more threads, but no mentions on any of those occasions.

Deleted User 133

Post by Deleted User 133 »

That's odd. Should I try elsewhere?

Basler Biker
Switzerland

Post by Basler Biker »

duome wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 10:09 am

It works. Thank you. Yet this is the only mention I can see in my notifications even though I've seen more @duome instances in more threads, but no mentions on any of those occasions.

I have maybe noticed this thing...If you type after the @ then you should click on one of the proposed names on the shortlist...If you just type along, it won't "notify"...but I might be wrong So this is the @duome just typed along, without clicking....

BB - Basler Biker - Positivity and constructiveness will prevail
Native :belgium: :netherlands: / fluent :fr: :de: :uk: / learning :sweden: / fan of :switzerland: (bs/bl)

duome

Post by duome »

Basler Biker wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 10:21 am
duome wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 10:09 am

I have maybe noticed this thing...If you type after the @ then you should click on one of the proposed names on the shortlist...If you just type along, it won't "notify"...but I might be wrong So this is the @duome just typed along, without clicking....

Correct. That's what I was thinking. No notification on this occasion. I'll just pay attention next time it happens.

luo-ning

Post by luo-ning »

Basler Biker wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 9:14 am

what is the change supposed to do? I see no difference...

All mentions should now be clickable links to the user's profile. Working for me!

Basler Biker wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 10:21 am

Yes, in the editor it should look like [mention]username[/mention]. If it just looks like @username, that's because you simply typed out the whole mention as plaintext.

Clicking works, but you can also select from the options with arrow keys and press "Enter" to select one (or just press "Enter" immediately to select the first one in the list).

mentions-with-keyboard.gif
mentions-with-keyboard.gif (49.96 KiB) Viewed 647 times

🦀 Pensando en la inmortalidad del cangrejo 🏴‍☠️ Flags Are Not Languages

zerogrqvity
United States of America

Post by zerogrqvity »

I'll try to test myself, while this feature has been working for awile now, I wanna try myself. [mention]zerogrqvity[/mention] hiii

👤♠ ㄥєт 𝓪𝕝Ⓛ ʸᗝᑌ 𝒹ᗝ в𝕖 𝐝Øⓝᗴ ⒾⓃ ⓒό𝓝ᖴι𝔡ⓔ𝓝𝐜𝓔 🎈🍫

Native: 🇺🇸 Learning: 🇯🇵 🇪🇸

zerogrqvity
United States of America

Post by zerogrqvity »

[mention]zerogrqvity[/mention]

👤♠ ㄥєт 𝓪𝕝Ⓛ ʸᗝᑌ 𝒹ᗝ в𝕖 𝐝Øⓝᗴ ⒾⓃ ⓒό𝓝ᖴι𝔡ⓔ𝓝𝐜𝓔 🎈🍫

Native: 🇺🇸 Learning: 🇯🇵 🇪🇸

Return to “Requests new Duome features”