Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

Troubleshooting on Duolingo

We are not Duolingo, we cannot solve any problems directly, but we can provide community-based advice.

Deleted User 2015

Troubleshooting on Duolingo

Post by Deleted User 2015 »

I am having a small problem with a skill which has been levelled up to the next crown level even though I don't recognize having done that skill level. All of my skills around it are crown level 1 but the one particular is crown level 2.

I have reported the problem at support.duolingo.com and asked them to lower the level back to crown level 1 and I haven't got an answer yet so I want to ask if anyone here knows how much waiting time I should expect before they look into my problem?

Corinnebelle

Re: Troubleshooting on Duolingo

Post by Corinnebelle »

[mention]EirKn22[/mention] Welcome to Duome! :) I like how you labeled this Duolingo troubleshooting so we know it's a Duolingo problem. Just out of curiosity have you looked at https://duome.eu/EirKn22? Checking the raw data might give you more information if you know when this problem occurred. You can do that by going to your Daily Progress and hitting that little RAW button after the UTC+0

🇺🇸 L1 🇮🇱 Advanced beginner Duolingo levels

Languages without borders, languages bridging gaps, the Red Cross are my heroes.

Deleted User 2015

Post by Deleted User 2015 »

The problem is about a skill in Unit 4 in the French from English tree, I have a whole lot more trees but it occurred there. I tend to want to get quite far on level 1 before I begin to level further up, as I'm not sure that the practice sessions will get more difficult and then too difficult to handle if I level up more than level 1 too quickly.

As such, my French from English tree stands as of now like that pretty much all skills from Unit 2 to 5 (I have completed Unit 5 to level 1) are level 1. In that way, it interferes with my learning style that one of the skills, in this case City 4 (the first skill of Unit 4) is suddenly on crown level 2, where all other skills around it are on crown level 1.

I should on the other hand considerate the possibility that I might have levelled the skill up inadvertently. On my Duome Progress page, it tells that I completed the skill on 2022-05-18. The same day, I finished the last 8 skills of Unit 5. So at some point, without me noticing, I might have accidentally be placed further up the tree and taken lessons in the skill City 4. But as I can't seem to remember me redoing the skill, I don't recognize that I have done it by myself, and that's what I wanted to fix. But if the result will be that it can't be fixed, then I must take it from there.

duome

Post by duome »

Sometimes Duo says something like "you're acing it, let's upgrade your skill straight to the next level" - I never do that, but I think it actually happened to me once when I was wondering about that L2 skill that suddenly appeared on my tree, just like yours.

Return to “Duolingo”