Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

Doubled xp doesn’t work anymore

We are not Duolingo, we cannot solve any problems directly, but we can provide community-based advice.

Xavier-prof63
France

Doubled xp doesn’t work anymore

Post by Xavier-prof63 »

Hello, should I write in English? I don’t know, but my problem is that for two days my 2x bonus doesn’t work (therefore I have to work two times harder;). Time is obviously consuming but points are not doubled.
Eventually since I am here, I’d like to know how to post on topic’s chatroom from my smartphone.
I’m using an Apple iPhone 6 due to ecological principles.
Thank you.

Corinnebelle

Re: Doubled xp doesn’t work anymore

Post by Corinnebelle »

Duome doesn't fix Duolingo's mistakes. Try submitting a bug report here for your Duolingo problem. Here is the topic for asking about mchat not functioning. It will, just take some time to check out the rest of the forum and interact with people here first.

🇺🇸 L1 🇮🇱 Advanced beginner Duolingo levels

Languages without borders, languages bridging gaps, the Red Cross are my heroes.

Deleted User 114

Post by Deleted User 114 »

Xavier-prof63 wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 1:59 am

Hello, should I write in English? I don’t know, but my problem is that for two days my 2x bonus doesn’t work (therefore I have to work two times harder;). Time is obviously consuming but points are not doubled.
Eventually since I am here, I’d like to know how to post on topic’s chatroom from my smartphone.
I’m using an Apple iPhone 6 due to ecological principles.
Thank you.

From what I know, you can get a double xp bonus two ways.

1: You get it as a reward, and it lasts for 15 minutes. You get it occasionally, but it isn’t something you can renew yourself.

2: There is something called an early bird reward. If you do a lesson early enough in the morning, you can get a 15 minute xp bonus at 6:00 in the evening. If you have this feature, you can kind of cancel it by not having done a lesson early enough in the morning. If you do a lesson early enough, it should come back.

dibee
Australia

Post by dibee »

I’m having exactly the same issue.

It says I have 15 minutes of doubled up bonus time and there’s a clock on the shop page counting down but the little 2x bonus image under My Items has a big red 0 on it even while the clock counts my bonus down. And no bonus is applied despite it being in the 15 minute bonus time.

Something is broken.

dibee
Australia

Post by dibee »

Thank you corinnebell for the bug report link! :) I’ve reported the issue.

Mary_La_MaguitaUwU
Chile

Post by Mary_La_MaguitaUwU »

Are u talking about the exp multiplier from lessons? 🤔

MARYImage
Tricks to gain a lot of exp in Duo 👉 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgSzUgWE7fA

dibee
Australia

Post by dibee »

It’s the double points power boost that you get when you complete a level or do a lesson early.

Xavier-prof63
France

Post by Xavier-prof63 »

Thank you all.

panyamnyenyekevu
Ukraine

Post by panyamnyenyekevu »

Yup. It really isn’t working. Not for me. Not for lots of folks who are starting to complain on different sites. Is it working for anyone? It stopped working for me late afternoon yesterday. Says I got them. Then it immediately disappears. Weird!

🇺🇦

Explorer
Portugal

Post by Explorer »

It's not working since this morning. Probably an update.

Edit: it's working for me again.

🇬🇧 🇪🇸 🇵🇹 🇫🇷 🇩🇪 | Learning: 🇯🇵 🇮🇹 🇳🇱 |

duome

Post by duome »

Still working for me.

SweNedGuy
Belgium

Post by SweNedGuy »

It's getting worse than not receiving double XP for a lessons. The last lesson of a skill (prior to getting the extra crown) only brings in 10 XP maximum: 4 XP for completion and 6 XP bonus for no errors. The Duo daredevil sometimes plays that same trick on the second lesson of a skill (if he assumes I'm going to get the crown early). I guess this is some kind of A/B test.

Speaking :netherlands: :fr: :uk: :es: Learning :de:(B2-) :it:(B1) Image :sweden: :portugal: Image (A)

Drymice

Post by Drymice »

Same problem here, tho it might just be my app, since I'm using app on my computer (it doesn't work well)

I'm as dry as a mouse and don’t use this anymore.

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

SweNedGuy wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 8:08 pm

It's getting worse than not receiving double XP for a lessons. The last lesson of a skill (prior to getting the extra crown) only brings in 10 XP maximum: 4 XP for completion and 6 XP bonus for no errors. The Duo daredevil sometimes plays that same trick on the second lesson of a skill (if he assumes I'm going to get the crown early). I guess this is some kind of A/B test.

I thought 10XP was the standard. It sounds like they are reducing it.

🇺🇸 L1 🇮🇱 Advanced beginner Duolingo levels

Languages without borders, languages bridging gaps, the Red Cross are my heroes.

__CF__
Norway

Post by __CF__ »

Has one of you already tried to combine an early bird XP boost with a crown-earning boost? Is the effect stronger or just the same, doubling XP?

panyamnyenyekevu
Ukraine

Post by panyamnyenyekevu »

__CF__ wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:42 am

Has one of you already tried to combine an early bird XP boost with a crown-earning boost? Is the effect stronger or just the same, doubling XP?

In my own experience they can’t be combined. You would just be wasting the crown earning boost, I think!

🇺🇦

__CF__
Norway

Post by __CF__ »

panyamnyenyekevu wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:11 pm
__CF__ wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:42 am

In my own experience they can’t be combined. You would just be wasting the crown earning boost, I think!

It looks like you are right, I just combined an early bird boost with a crown boost, and when the crown boost would normally double XP for 15 minutes, it did nothing. The period of the boost was not extended either, it had no effect whatsoever.

It was still good to have tried this once, just to be sure. Gamification of language learning stays fun. :)

RichTom
Wales

Post by RichTom »

I have just been upgraded to the confusing more complex user unfriendly new app and BINGO the X2 experience bonus doesn't work now. Well done beligerant CEO this is rubbish.

Return to “Duolingo”