Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

Say hello / こんにちは

Moderator: Explorer

Explorer
Portugal

Say hello / こんにちは

Post by Explorer »

New around here? Say hello to the community of Japanese language learners!

🇬🇧 🇪🇸 🇵🇹 🇫🇷 🇩🇪 | Learning: 🇯🇵 |

JennyAnn1989
United States of America

Re: Say hello / こんにちは

Post by JennyAnn1989 »

こんにちは! I've been learning Japanese on Duolingo for over a month now, I'm still a beginner but I'm happy to have found this community and others since the Duolingo forums are shutting down, I've found great resources through the community. I live in the USA with my loving family, and 33 years old and I'm just learning Japanese because I love watching anime and maybe someday I'll visit Japan, so I've wanted to learn the language for years.

Native 🇺🇲 Learning 🇯🇵

Explorer
Portugal

Post by Explorer »

JennyAnn1989 wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 6:41 pm

こんにちは! I've been learning Japanese on Duolingo for over a month now, I'm still a beginner but I'm happy to have found this community and others since the Duolingo forums are shutting down, I've found great resources through the community. I live in the USA with my loving family, and 33 years old and I'm just learning Japanese because I love watching anime and maybe someday I'll visit Japan, so I've wanted to learn the language for years.

ジェニーさんようこそはじめまして! It's a shame that Duolingo is shutting down the forums. I hope we can build and new and even better community here. Together we can do it :D

AlinaVolana
Norway

Post by AlinaVolana »

こんにちは!アリナと言います。ノルウェーに住んでいます。

今日「三月十二日」は私の誕生日です!

I think I got most of that right X3

Native speaker of Norwegian | Using English on a daily basis | Learning Japanese on Duolingo

Explorer
Portugal

Post by Explorer »

AlinaVolana wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 2:38 am

今日「三月十二日」は私の誕生日です!

Hei hvordan har du det? チャールズと言います。はじめまして! :D

AlinaVolana
Norway

Post by AlinaVolana »

Explorer wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 3:13 am

今日「三月十二日」は私の誕生日です!

はじめまして! Jeg har det bra, gracias! :3

Side note: I took Spanish for three years in middle school. Grammar survived pretty well. Vocabulary, not so much. Maybe I'll get around to it on Duolingo someday, but Japanese has piqued my interest for longer, so that's what I went with when I first created my account.

Native speaker of Norwegian | Using English on a daily basis | Learning Japanese on Duolingo

Crahdol
Japan

Post by Crahdol »

皆さん、はじめまして。

僕はペルと言います。
二十八歳のスウェーデン人。

日本語をデゥオリンゴで2月2021年から習っていた。

That's as far as I'll probably get for an introduction without looking up and second guessing everything :D

I've wanted to learn Japanese for quite some time now. Always been fascinated by Japanese culture and food. Being a 武道家, I'm hoping to get more understanding of the arts I practice.

このスレッドをつくって、ありがとう。

Vänliga hälsningar/Best Regards/よろしくお願いします
Crahdol
| 🇸🇪: Native | 🇬🇧: Fluent | 🇯🇵: N5 |

Explorer
Portugal

Post by Explorer »

[mention]Crahdol[/mention] さんようこそデュオメへ 

I used to practice 剣道 a while ago. I don't have much time to go to the dojo now, but I can still remember every kata. Martial arts are a very interesting topic of conversation. I hope we can talk about our experiences in this new forum :)

Mist
United States of America

Post by Mist »

こんばんわ! 

My name is Mist! I have enjoyed japanese media for a long time (anime, manga, music tv shows) and have been trying to learn on and off without much success. I have decided to take my Japanese learning more seriously and was going to scour the official forums for help and resources only to find out they are shutting down. D: I was very happy to find out that this place exists. I hope to be able to glean some tips and tricks from you all and support where I can!

よろしゅくおにがいします!

Crahdol
Japan

Post by Crahdol »

[mention]Explorer[/mention] さん、どうもありがとう!

Did your 剣道 practice involve any sparring/competition. Fighting with 竹刀 looks like so much fun. I could talk about matrial arts, and especially 武道, for hours. I myself did a bit of 空手 in my childhood and early teens. Then, when I moved away from my childhood home and to a new city, I found my current dojo where I mainly practice 柔術 and 居合道.

[mention]Mist[/mention] さん、ようこそ!

Good luck with your Japanese studies. If you've got an android phone I can recommend the Kanji Study-app. It's great for repetition practice of kanji,and it also has a built-in japanese-english dictionary.

Oh, and forgive me, but I hope you don't mind me correcting your Japanese...

While the pronunciation might lead you to believe it is こんばんわ, it is actually こんばん. The は in こんにちは and こんばんは come from the topic marker particle は and should be pronounced わ.

Also, it's not よろしゅくおにがいします, it's よろしくおがいします

それでは、またね

Crahdol

Explorer
Portugal

Post by Explorer »

[mention]Mist[/mention] Welcome to this small temple of knowledge :)

Crahdol wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 8:58 pm

@Explorer さん、どうもありがとう!
Did your 剣道 practice involve any sparring/competition. Fighting with 竹刀 looks like so much fun.

I compited a couple of times, but I have to admit that I have never been particularly interested in the competitive side of martial arts. I've always been more interested in the philosophy and personal development through training and study. I love exhibitions though.

JennyAnn1989
United States of America

Post by JennyAnn1989 »

AlinaVolana wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 3:39 am
Explorer wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 3:13 am

今日「三月十二日」は私の誕生日です!

はじめまして! Jeg har det bra, gracias! :3

Side note: I took Spanish for three years in middle school. Grammar survived pretty well. Vocabulary, not so much. Maybe I'll get around to it on Duolingo someday, but Japanese has piqued my interest for longer, so that's what I went with when I first created my account.

I also took Spanish for 2 years in middle school and a year or two in high school of it, but I don't remember a lot of it as I rarely used it. I might eventually brush up on it but I wanted to learn Japanese for years. I've always loved watching anime, and I do like Asian food, the culture is interesting too though it also has a lot of differences between their culture and that of the US, as their society is more collectivist than here which is more individualistic.

Native 🇺🇲 Learning 🇯🇵

Mist
United States of America

Post by Mist »

Crahdol wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 8:58 pm

@Mist さん、ようこそ!

Good luck with your Japanese studies. If you've got an android phone I can recommend the Kanji Study-app. It's great for repetition practice of kanji,and it also has a built-in japanese-english dictionary.

Oh, and forgive me, but I hope you don't mind me correcting your Japanese...

While the pronunciation might lead you to believe it is こんばんわ, it is actually こんばん. The は in こんにちは and こんばんは come from the topic marker particle は and should be pronounced わ.

Also, it's not よろしゅくおにがいします, it's よろしくおがいします

それでは、またね

No worries! I'm still working on grammer and the like. I just typed the sounds I wanted into the japanese keyboard on windows. haha Thank you for the pointers!

Madame Sensei
Japan

Post by Madame Sensei »

こんにちは、みなさん! I teach Japanese to high schoolers out here in the beautiful Pacific Northwest. I am a former professional translator. よろしくおねがいします!

I have been experimenting with aligning the Duolingo tree to my classes (There are a lot of gaps in the course, I believe. Although I love Duolingo and am very active in the Duolingo Educator's Network, the Japanese tree is a little rough around the edges, IMHO.) I put some videos up on YouTube, if you are interested: I explain the kanji and the culture and the particles that Duo introduces but then glosses over. Hope this will be of use to you all.

Explorer
Portugal

Post by Explorer »

Welcome [mention]Madame Sensei[/mention]! It is a pleasure and a privilege to have a teacher on the forum :)

Crahdol
Japan

Post by Crahdol »

マダム先生、ようこそ!

Thank you for posting your videos here. I will definitely check them out and subscribe to your channel.

I hope to see you around lots here.

Crahdol

Madame Sensei
Japan

Post by Madame Sensei »

Crahdol wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 4:25 pm

マダム先生、ようこそ!

Thank you for posting your videos here. I will definitely check them out and subscribe to your channel.

I hope to see you around lots here.

よろしく、ね!

Jack Beanstalk
Austria

Post by Jack Beanstalk »

はじめまして。
ジャックと申します。
オーストリア‎に住んでいます。
アニメのちはやふるが好きなのでかるたの遊び方を学びたいです。
よろしくおねがいします。

Nice to meet you.
My name is Jack.
I live in Austria.
Because I like the anime Chihayafuru, i want to learn how to play Karuta.
I look forward to knowing each other.

Explorer
Portugal

Post by Explorer »

[mention]Jack Beanstalk[/mention] このフォーラムへようこそ / willkommen!

OCgXt4Pu
Poland

Post by OCgXt4Pu »

こんにちは、皆さん!
真面目に学習しない通りすがりのポーランド人です。(𐑥𐑲 𐑯𐑱𐑑𐑦𐑝 𐑤𐑨𐑙𐑜𐑢𐑦𐑡 𐑦𐑟 𐑐𐑴𐑤𐑦𐑖 𐑚𐑳𐑑 𐑲 𐑷𐑤𐑕𐑴 𐑕𐑐𐑰𐑒 𐑦𐑙𐑜𐑤𐑦𐑖 𐑯 𐑲 𐑤𐑻𐑯𐑩𐑛 𐑕𐑳𐑥 𐑝𐑧𐑮𐑦 𐑚𐑱𐑕𐑦𐑒 𐑡𐑨𐑐𐑩𐑯𐑰𐑟 𐑦𐑯 𐑕𐑒𐑵𐑤.)
言語を習うのはあまり好きではありませんが、漢字や他のエキゾチックな文字に興味があります。
Duolingoを始めたのはたまたまでした。たまには面白い言語を試してみようと思って新しいコースを始めます。最近、フランス語の読み方を知ってほしかったからちょっとフランス語をしましたが、文法を大体無視して最初のチェックポイントが突破できませんでした。てへ😛
でも、一応学んだことを忘れないように毎日日本語をします。アニメとかも好きです。
よろしくお願いします!

Jack Beanstalk
Austria

Post by Jack Beanstalk »

[mention]Explorer[/mention] さん、歓迎してくれてありがとうございます。Vielen Dank für die Begrüßung.

[mention]OCgXt4Pu[/mention] さん、ようこそ! 漢字はやっぱり面白いですね。私がすらすら話せるならば漢字を学び続けたいです。

Crahdol
Japan

Post by Crahdol »

[mention]OCgXt4Pu[/mention] ようこそへデゥオメの日本語のフォルム!

Really had to take some notes and make heavy use of the 辞書 to understand your post, let's see if I got it right.

• You're a Polish person passing by who doesn't take studying seriously.
  • You do not like learning languages very much, but you find kanji and other exotic characters interesting.
    -You started using Doulingo casually. Thought about trying a new language and so started a new course.
  • You know how to pronounce French from doing a bit of French recently.
  • You ignored the grammar but as such couldn't pass the first checkpoint.
  • Now you use Japanese everyday to make sure you don't forget what you have learned.
  • Also, you like anime.

I didn't try to fully translate your post, just understand the main content of it.
Please tell me if I messed anything up.

Crahdol

OCgXt4Pu
Poland

Post by OCgXt4Pu »

Thank you for warm welcome!

[mention]Crahdol[/mention] Yes, this is mostly what I wanted to say except the part about French. What I tried to say was that I did some French because I wanted to get to know the French pronunciation, but, having mostly ignored the grammar, I couldn't pass the first checkpoint. I'm not sure if I phrased that right, though! (Now that I read that I think I probably should have written 読み方が知りたかった.)

Crahdol
Japan

Post by Crahdol »

[mention]OCgXt4Pu[/mention]

I see, and thank you for the correction!
I seem to have missed the "want" part of 知ってほしかった in your original post. But I agree that い-stem + たい would convey your point better than て-stem + ほしい, but since the latter is better used when asking for a favor/want something from someone.

いつから日本語を学習していましたか?あなたのポストがとてもよろしいと思います。
僕はあまり日本語の言葉を知っていません。しかし、日本語の文法が大変好きです。
僕も毎日日本語を練習します。
武道の練習をしますから日本語を習いたかった。そして、一年前くらいDuolingoで勉強して始めました。

Crahdol

OCgXt4Pu
Poland

Post by OCgXt4Pu »

[mention]Crahdol[/mention]
十年以上前に学校で一年間の授業を受けました。その後、規則的に勉強しませんでした。
単語と漢字は初心者より多く知っているかもしれませんが、経験はすごく浅いです。
私の場合は、日本に関する興味・特に習いたい理由が最初にありませんでした。言語そのものや文字が楽しいと思っていただけです。

zerogrqvity
United States of America

Post by zerogrqvity »

Oooo!私はこの投稿に不慣れです、これはフォーラムが削除される前でした!わお!とにかく、こんにちは!みんな元気? Duolingoで日本語を2年近く学んでいます! 10月は2年になります!私はとても幸せだ! @ジェニー、学習して頑張ってください! <3

👤♠ ㄥєт 𝓪𝕝Ⓛ ʸᗝᑌ 𝒹ᗝ в𝕖 𝐝Øⓝᗴ ⒾⓃ ⓒό𝓝ᖴι𝔡ⓔ𝓝𝐜𝓔 🎈🍫

Native: 🇺🇸 Learning: 🇯🇵 🇪🇸

Meli578588
Italy

Post by Meli578588 »

こんにちは、日本語学習者。 :) ( 言語).

zerogrqvity
United States of America

Post by zerogrqvity »

おっと! (言語)とはどういう意味ですか? :)