Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

The xp reported after a lesson is wrong

We are not Duolingo, we cannot solve any problems directly, but we can provide community-based advice.

DavidHefer
Israel

The xp reported after a lesson is wrong

Post by DavidHefer »

After I finish a lesson, I see a table with data about the lesson:
Total xp (of the lesson), Quick (time), Perfect (% correct).
This Lesson Total xp is larger than the xp added to my Duolingo total xp.
Usually by 3 xp.
For example, when the "Total xp" in the table says that I got 25 xp for the lesson, my Duolingo total increases only by 22 xp. In Duome.eu the number of xp for the lesson is 22 xp in this case.

I wonder if this bug is connected to the fact that in my Duolingo Application, Duolingo does not show my Daily xp counter anymore.
My Duolingo Application version is updated.
I look at Duome.eu to see my daily xp.

Deleted User 114

Re: The xp reported after a lesson is wrong

Post by Deleted User 114 »

Why don’t you try reporting the bug? Just an idea.

DavidHefer
Israel

Post by DavidHefer »

They are working so hard on chaning Doulingo (for example: to remove the daily xp counter, so you will not see how many xp you got during the day) that I am not sure they have time to fix bugs. Just a thought.

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

[mention]DavidHefer[/mention] I wonder leagues will go too, if there is no xp?

🇺🇸 L1 🇮🇱 Advanced beginner Duolingo levels

Languages without borders, languages bridging gaps, the Red Cross are my heroes.

DavidHefer
Israel

Post by DavidHefer »

Unfortunately yes.
Leagues make money.

SweNedGuy
Belgium

Post by SweNedGuy »

On the website you still get your overview of XP obtained for the day and the past week. However the website version of DL is quite stingy with XP. A flawless lesson brings in only 15 XP (at most). Legendary challenges never go above 45 XP. Rewards for stories have been trimmed (no more 28 XP stories). Finally: there are no XP boosts. Trying to stay in the diamond league is an uneven playing field.

Just perhaps: DL might consider to make the league competition a little less unfair... Too many website learners have been opting out on leagues. Can't blame them.

Speaking :netherlands: :fr: :uk: :es: Learning :de:(B2-) :it:(B1) Image :sweden: :portugal: Image (A)

DavidHefer
Israel

Post by DavidHefer »

You have to choose. If you want to compete you have to learn in the Application. If you don't care about your xp and the leagues, you can learn on the Web. The advantage of the Web is that sometimes it shows you alternative answers.
The leagues will never be fair. Even if everyone will learn only in the Application.

Return to “Duolingo”