Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

Sabhal Mòr Ostaig meets Duolingo (news item)

2GreyCats
United States of America

Sabhal Mòr Ostaig meets Duolingo (news item)

Post by 2GreyCats »

This just showed in one of my FB Gaelic groups. Thought you would like to see it. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

https://www.welovestornoway.com/index.p ... gaelic-app

“What the space program needs are more English majors.”— Michael Collins, Gemini 10/Apollo 11.

Native: 🇺🇸. Learning: 🇩🇪 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇨🇳 🇯🇵

Rraine7

Re: Sabhal Mòr Ostaig meets Duolingo (news item)

Post by Rraine7 »

I saw that on the reddit r/gaidhlig feed as well. Very good to hear, the Scottish Gaelic Duolingo team is so awesome for all they have done already, and I am excited to see what changes will come with this union with SMO... especially as I get closer to completing the tree.

Is mise rraine. Tha mi air a bhith ag ionnsachadh Gàidhlig airson dà bhliadhna. Slàinte.

Jock.H
Scotland

Post by Jock.H »

I'd love to hear if anyone has any more news about Sabhal Mòr Ostaig's plans for Gaelic Duolingo. I'm nearly finished the current course. It would be great if they add to it soon.

Mòrag Chèarrach
Scotland

Post by Mòrag Chèarrach »

I have signed up for a three-day Zoom course offered by Sabhal Mòr Ostaig next month. They were very helpful (on Twitter) in advising me where in their courses someone who has completed the Duolingo course might begin. We'll see how it goes!

I had to phone to pay for the course and of course the phone was answered with a torrent of Gaelic. It's possible I might have managed because the person answering the phone would no doubt have been supportive, but I'm afraid I chickened with "Gabh mo leisgeul, an faod mi a' bruidhinn Beurla?"

Return to “Scottish Gaelic”