Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

Norwegian Dictionary

Moderator: SansEspoir

StageTech
United States of America

Norwegian Dictionary

Post by StageTech »

I know that prior to the loss of the forums that the Norwegian English dictionary was accessed through the Forum page. Does anyone know if it still exists and how to access it? Or was it lost along with the forum?
Thanks
StageTech

Explorer
Portugal

Re: Norwegian Dictionary

Post by Explorer »

🇬🇧 🇪🇸 🇵🇹 🇫🇷 🇩🇪 | Learning: 🇯🇵 |

StageTech
United States of America

Post by StageTech »

This link was working. I used it until about 2 weeks ago. I was out of town and just came back. Now the link takes me to the Duolingo Norwegian page. Does this mean the Norwegian/English dictionary is gone?
Thanks in advance for any help forthcoming

weerwater

Post by weerwater »

StageTech wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 1:08 am

Thanks in advance for any help forthcoming

Depending on what you needed it for. Looking up alternative translations, pronounciation or just more sentences using similar words:

Web:

Android apps:

anamorphism

Post by anamorphism »

for alternatives, https://en.bab.la/dictionary/norwegian-english/ is ok.

google translate isn't the worst if you provide complete sentences with as much contextual information as possible. it may not give you the most accurate translation, but it's usually pretty good at getting you in the ballpark.

generally, what i do when encountering a norwegian word that i don't know is look it up in the official dictionary (https://ordbokene.no/) and then paste example sentences or phrases into google translate if i don't understand the actual dictionary entry. additionally, i'll just search for two or three word snippets in "s to find example sentences and paste those full sentences into google translate if i don't understand them.

going the other way around, i just type full sentences into google translate, look up that word in the norwegian dictionary, and do some searches to make sure it seems to be used in the context i want.

Mtulinga
United States of America

Post by Mtulinga »

Jeg visste ikke at Duolingo hadde en ordbok...

:norway:Kinorwe: nivå 25; :taiwan:Kichina: nivå 21
:it:Kiitaliano: livello 20; :kenya:Kiswahili: nivå 18; Også Kifaransa :fr:
Language Game Designer @ Philyra Games

Return to “Norwegian (Bokmål)”