Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

Never selected for new features

We are not Duolingo, we cannot solve any problems directly, but we can provide community-based advice.

dlbruzzone
United States of America

Never selected for new features

Post by dlbruzzone »

Hi all,

My wife and I both do Duolingo lessons. Over the past year, she's gotten all sorts of cool things. Legendary crowns, timed trials, ramp ups, weekly challenges, etc.

Meanwhile, I got nothing. My Duolingo tree is plain vanilla on the app. I can do lessons and earn crowns (up to 5) and that's about it. I have over 500 days streak and I'm not a member of the Streak Society. I'm even a Duolingo Plus member (though not Super... again, I never seem to get anything) so it seems weird I don't have access to any of the new features.

On the desktop version I can get Legendary crowns, but even when I get them my phone still shows that skill at crown level 5. The desktop version has no ramp-ups or time trials or weekly challenges either, the only thing it has that the phone does not is the Legendary level.

For a long time I figured I was just drawing a lot of "B" in the A/B testing that Duolingo's known for. But lately I'm starting to wonder, is there something wrong with my account that I don't get any of the fun features?

I should look on the bright side - perhaps I won't get moved to the Path with everyone else.

Explorer
Portugal

Re: Never selected for new features

Post by Explorer »

Is your account older than your wife's account?

🇬🇧 🇪🇸 🇵🇹 🇫🇷 🇩🇪 | Learning: 🇯🇵 |

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

Haven't seen any of those fun features on the web.

🇺🇸 L1 🇮🇱 Advanced beginner Duolingo levels

Languages without borders, languages bridging gaps, the Red Cross are my heroes.

Drymice

Post by Drymice »

Corinnebelle wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 3:06 am

Haven't seen any of those fun features on the web.

I have.
Does she have the android version or the ios?

I'm as dry as a mouse.

Upbeat 88
Mexico

Post by Upbeat 88 »

I hate to be rude but isn't this a Duolingo issue ?? and maybe try writing to Duolingo support!!

they can be helpful at times

Stasia
Poland

Post by Stasia »

dlbruzzone wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 9:11 pm

I should look on the bright side - perhaps I won't get moved to the Path with everyone else.

:D That certainly is the bright side!

Do you ever update the app (either throught automatic or manual updates)? Because the only thing I can think is that the app on your phone has not been updated in several years. There are some differences between Android and IPhone versions, but everyone has legendaries!

Native: :poland:; Fluent: :es:, :us:; Getting there: Image; Intermediate: :fr:; Beginner: :ukraine:

dlbruzzone
United States of America

Post by dlbruzzone »

Mine is the older account, and we do both use the Android version. I will try updating the app, though I've enabled auto updates so I would hope it's relatively up to date!

back4morelater
Great Britain

Post by back4morelater »

dlbruzzone wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 2:33 am

Mine is the older account, and we do both use the Android version. I will try updating the app, though I've enabled auto updates so I would hope it's relatively up to date!

So what version of the app do you have? Easiest way to check is to go into Settings and then Apps and find Duolingo
Mine's currently 5.60.3 which is pretty close to being the latest and it definitely has legendary crowns

Explorer
Portugal

Post by Explorer »

dlbruzzone wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 2:33 am

That's what I figured. For some reason the older the account, the later it gets updated. I've been waiting two years for an update in one of my courses.

🇬🇧 🇪🇸 🇵🇹 🇫🇷 🇩🇪 | Learning: 🇯🇵 |

Return to “Duolingo”