Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

How to open up unit 8 Spanish Duolingo

Tips and tricks ...

1010jackie
United States of America

How to open up unit 8 Spanish Duolingo

Post by 1010jackie »

Hello,
I need help to know how to unlock unit 8.
I have completed 790/1193+5 lessons, or XPs. At this point I'm only correcting broken lessons but don't seem to be able to get beyond unit 7.
Thanks for any advice.
Jackie

back4morelater
Great Britain

Re: How to open up unit 8 Spanish Duolingo

Post by back4morelater »

so what happens if you click on the castle labelled 7 I think? Does it let you do the checkpoint "quiz"? That's usually the key to unlocking the next section unless duo thinks you haven't done some of the preceding skills to at least level 1 and your duome profile doesn't suggest this is the case, presuming that I'm looking at the right person

1010jackie
United States of America

Post by 1010jackie »

Thanks so much. I clicked on the checkpoint 7 castle and it opened up a quiz. I passed the quiz so now I can progress through unit 8.
It's so great to now be able to advance.
I appreciate your quick and helpful assistance! 🎉👍🙂

Drymice

Post by Drymice »

also, can you fail the checkpoint quiz? i remember recently on a spanish quiz, i got annoyed so ws just randomly clicking and it said i passed? i dont think i got loucky, so did it just let me through randomly?

I'm as dry as a mouse and don’t use this anymore.

1010jackie
United States of America

Post by 1010jackie »

I will keep this random experience of yours in mind when I get to the next checkpoint! OMG!
¡Vaya bien!

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

Drymice wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 8:16 pm

also, can you fail the checkpoint quiz? i remember recently on a spanish quiz, i got annoyed so ws just randomly clicking and it said i passed? i dont think i got loucky, so did it just let me through randomly?

No you can't fail the checkpoint quiz. It's just a test of what you've learnt to how well the course worked and also includes new material to see whether you know anything from the next unit.

🇺🇸 L1 🇮🇱 Advanced beginner Duolingo levels

Languages without borders, languages bridging gaps, the Red Cross are my heroes.

Return to “How to ...”