Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

Welcome to duome forums

The Duome Team uses this forum to announce new features, new forums or forum structure changes, developments going on, and other matters you should be aware of.

Corinnebelle

Re: Welcome to duome forums

Post by Corinnebelle »

[mention]tenderspore[/mention] Welcome to Duome! I hope you like it here! We are a growing community that continues to expand and improve.

🇺🇸 L1 🇮🇱 Advanced beginner Duolingo levels

Languages without borders, languages bridging gaps, the Red Cross are my heroes.

Upbeat 88
Mexico

Re: Welcome to duome - Announcement banner

Post by Upbeat 88 »

Basler Biker wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 4:59 pm

Forum is moved to the left = fine !! (more visible on a smartphone)

Then, most pages on duome.eu, such as blog and progress, have the "announcement" banner visible, but not the main page. Is it on purpose? The space is there, not the text...

where the discuss was on DL should get brought back and takes us here

Upbeat 88
Mexico

Post by Upbeat 88 »

Jacko079 wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 2:11 am

Can you comment , too ? ..

No, you can’t. You can view almost everything, but you can’t comment on anything. You can’t view people’s profiles, or send PMs. You might also not be able to do more things, but those are two that I know you cannot do.

also, can't look even look at the chat I was thinking it would be great for mods to look at things as a guest and no one would know who it is oh that's right you can also hide your online status I forgot about that living on 6 hours of sleep ugh

Upbeat 88
Mexico

Post by Upbeat 88 »

welcome newcomers

Deleted User 2241

Post by Deleted User 2241 »

Hi kids im new

Drymice

Post by Drymice »

plasticbottles wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 4:32 pm

Hi kids im new

Hey, I know you...

I'm as dry as a mouse.

Upbeat 88
Mexico

Post by Upbeat 88 »

plasticbottles wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 4:32 pm

Hi kids im new

good welcome to the community [mention]plasticbottles[/mention]

Deleted User 2316

Post by Deleted User 2316 »

hello people i am new than new thanks for making this open for almost any one

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

peanutbuster2018 wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 4:01 pm

hello people i am new than new thanks for making this open for almost any one

Welcome! I hope you enjoy Duome and find it useful in learning your target languages.

Languages without borders, languages bridging gaps, the Red Cross are my heroes.

Deleted User 2343

Post by Deleted User 2343 »

Thanks for letting this happen its cool

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

[mention]Theultimatetintinfan[/mention] Welcome to Duome! I hope you enjoy the community and are able to further your language pursuits thereby.

Upbeat 88
Mexico

Post by Upbeat 88 »

ya more and more people i love it

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

[mention]BrianEngst1[/mention] It's great, isn't it?

DaliborNovy
Czech Republic

Post by DaliborNovy »

duome wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 7:08 am

I just thought it could be a good thing.. )

4theAEsir wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 6:18 pm

I think it will become a brilliant thing. Thanks ;)

I am sure it has already become a brilliant thing! Thank you very much, Admin.

It would be great if Duolingo added a link to the top link bar. If they have a problem with that, maybe under the MORE list. Has anyone tried it? I know success is unlikely, but one never knows... Or, at least to the help page:

https://support.duolingo.com/hc/en-us/a ... ement-FAQ-
https://support.duolingo.com/hc/cs/arti ... -uživatele

Don't the trailblazers have access to write there? The link https://forum.duome.eu/ is missing there. Is it forbidden? I have checked several languages.

Last edited by DaliborNovy on Wed Jun 01, 2022 2:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Native: 🇨🇿ㅤ Learning: 🇺🇸 🇫🇷DuomeDuolingoDuoBooster

zerogrqvity
United States of America

Post by zerogrqvity »

I still am sad about the duolingo forums being deleted, although that is the past. :cry: I never really understood the meaning behind the forums leaving. I have an idea, though! SO, yk of how theres events on Duolingo? Maybe, just maybe, you can add events on here. Hear my reasoning! :geek: SO, :!: these events can be about anything! It can be either a zoom, meet, duo, hangouts, etc! They can be about languages, the forums, or duolingo! DUOME or DUOLINGO may be able to watch or see what is happening during these meetings to see what people are doing. This is cute recommendation that I thought would be useful? lol idk!

Hugs,

Kenna! :mrgreen: :) :!:

NOTE: ANY INNAPROPPIATE THINGS WILL BE DELETED AUTOMATICALLY!

👤♠ ㄥєт 𝓪𝕝Ⓛ ʸᗝᑌ 𝒹ᗝ в𝕖 𝐝Øⓝᗴ ⒾⓃ ⓒό𝓝ᖴι𝔡ⓔ𝓝𝐜𝓔 🎈🍫

Native: 🇺🇸 Learning: 🇯🇵 🇪🇸

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

[mention]DaliborNovy[/mention]

I am sure it has already become a brilliant thing! Thank you very much, Admin.

Yes, it is amazing! :D

It would be great if Duolingo added a link to the top link bar. If they have a problem with that, maybe under the MORE list. Has anyone tried it? I know success is unlikely, but one never knows... Or, at least to the help page:

https://support.duolingo.com/hc/en-us/a ... ement-FAQ-
https://support.duolingo.com/hc/cs/arti ... -uživatele

This is a great suggestion. Duome however doesn't have control over what Duolingo does.

Don't the trailblazers have access to write there? The link https://forum.duome.eu/ is missing there. Is it forbidden? I have checked several languages.

No, they don't. Duolingo has not advertised Duome. Some people have suggested this. But Duolingo advertises their discord site.

DaliborNovy
Czech Republic

Post by DaliborNovy »

Corinnebelle wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 9:26 pm

This is a great suggestion. Duome however doesn't have control over what Duolingo does.

Thank you for the reaction, Corinnebelle. I meant if anyone asked Duolingo about the possibility of adding the link. If not, I think we wouldn't give anything for a possible attempt. The Duome forum is now different. I'm surre Duolingo know that Duome helps them a lot. (user activity, user retention etc).

Last edited by DaliborNovy on Wed Jun 01, 2022 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

[mention]DaliborNovy[/mention] I know someone suggested this in the past. Don't know what happened after that. I doubt Duolingo would do it though. Unless something is officially by them, I don't think they'd support it.

DaliborNovy
Czech Republic

Post by DaliborNovy »

Thanks for the link, Corinnebelle. PLUS users, please write as much as possible to plus_support@duolingo.com . Ask to place the link https://forum.duome.eu/ on the Duolingo homepage (or at least on the help page) so that you can reconnect with your Duolingo friends and also meet new friends among new users who do not have a Discord account and do not want it. That seems to be the only way.

Upbeat 88
Mexico

Post by Upbeat 88 »

[mention]Pamjuliar[/mention] welocme to the forums you and the newones welcome

Memsy6
Spain

Post by Memsy6 »

Though I am not sure yet what this is, thank you for the Welcome!

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

Memsy6 wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 4:53 am

Though I am not sure yet what this is, thank you for the Welcome!

We are a group of language users, who share our love of language and help each other learn. You can get help with languages, or advice about using Duolingo or just chat with other people here.

For some help on how to get around, try this. The interface has been updated since so it's a little out of date, but it should still help.

duende
Spain

Post by duende »

Hola! Sadly I was never on the old Duolingo forum but I hope I can be active here on this one and get back to learning more Spanish!

MoniqueMaRie
Germany

Post by MoniqueMaRie »

duende wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 1:35 pm

Hola! Sadly I was never on the old Duolingo forum but I hope I can be active here on this one and get back to learning more Spanish!

If you need help, just ask anywhere in this forum. You will find many helpful people.

Native :de: / using :uk: / learning :fr: :cn: :it: / once learnt Image / trying to understand at least a bit :poland:

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

Hola! Here's the Spanish forum. What's your native language?

duende
Spain

Post by duende »

Corinnebelle wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 10:32 pm

Hola! Here's the Spanish forum. What's your native language?

Gracias! Hablo inglés, soy del Reino Unido! Y tú?

Corinnebelle

Post by Corinnebelle »

[mention]duende[/mention]Welcome to the forum! I speak English and I'm learning Hebrew.

Deleted User 4833

Post by Deleted User 4833 »

Hello! I signed up for the forum last month but haven't had much to say so far. :)
I used to be fairly active in the discussion threads on the Duolingo site, back when they had that available. I missed the discussions, so I was happy to find this forum.

And I'm wondering, do all posts have to be moderator approved, or is that only cause I just started posting?

Jacko079
United States of America

Post by Jacko079 »

JudieLC wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 5:49 am

And I'm wondering, do all posts have to be moderator approved, or is that only cause I just started posting?

Every new users first ten posts must be approved by a mod, but after that, no. 🙂

Learning: Italian and Arabic.

John Little
Brazil

Post by John Little »

And it helps weed out the trolls. :)

John661162

Return to “Announcements by Duome”