Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

Request: "Top" or "TOC" link(s) for "Tips and Notes"

Ask, and we'll consider your request. Provide an accurate description of what you would like to do/have, and we'll consider implementing it, if this is technically possible.

MCD0HE

Request: "Top" or "TOC" link(s) for "Tips and Notes"

Post by MCD0HE »

Dear developers,
I'm immensely grateful for what you have already done and continue to do to make DuoMe.eu so powerful and useful.

Request: even so, please may I take the liberty of asking for:

• a link that takes users straight to the Table of Contents (open, if poss); or
  • a link to the top of the page; then TOC is easy enough to open.

Accessing DuoMe on an Android (8.1.0) phone, using DuckDuckGo's browser, I'm NOT shown a "Go to Top" feature. Forgive me if it's available on other browsers/platforms. DuoMeEu, on a Windows desktop w FireFox, also didn't have a "Top" link, however.

After doing about 5 skills, and especially if using DuoLingo's (suggested) Pyramid Learning technique, jumping between skills gets harder and harder. This would be helped by easy(ier) access to TOC.

Again, please let me stress: the site is ALREADY wonderful. I'm so grateful for it!

luo-ning

Re: Request: "Top" or "TOC" link(s) for "Tips and Notes"

Post by luo-ning »

Is this for Duome or Duolingo? I'm not aware that any Duolingo developers read the Duome forums, and we're not affiliated with Duolingo.

Instructions for how to report Duolingo bugs here: Duolingo — How do I report a bug?

🦀 Pensando en la inmortalidad del cangrejo 🏴‍☠️ Flags Are Not Languages

MCD0HE

Post by MCD0HE »

Sorry this wasn't clear. It's for DuoMe.

Here's an example of a page. At this anchor, I have to scroll vigorously (on phone) to return to the top:

https://duome.eu/tips/en/uk#numbers1

dakanga

Post by dakanga »

Ahh, so it is a request possibly to [mention]duome[/mention] , for the section of this site here to add to the resource for Tips, such as from :
https://duome.eu/tips/

Where, next to each section in tips for skills, there was a button that took you back to the
"··········· Table of Contents ···········"

I agree with you and think this would be a useful addition to add. Yet note this is not my decision. It will need to be considered by the developers here on duome, as to the implementation this request.

Thank you for sharing this idea [mention]MCD0HE[/mention] .
And also for your patience as this suggestion is considered.

... If I have misunderstood, please correct me. I can misunderstand things.

MCD0HE

Post by MCD0HE »

Dear [mention]dakanga[/mention],

Thank you for being willing to consider my suggestion. Yes, you have understood the request correctly.

If you would be able to forward this request/thread to DuoMe's developers, I'd be grateful.

Have a nice day!

duome

Post by duome »

backToTop.png
backToTop.png (2.72 KiB) Viewed 267 times

Enjoy.. ;)

MCD0HE

Post by MCD0HE »

Ah, that's wonderful! Thank you. I'm over the moon! 🌞

Return to “Requests new Duome features”