Dear anyone,
Your duolingo forum registration isn't automaticaly transferred to duome forum so in order to join duome forums you need to register with your existing or any other username and email; in any case it's advised that you choose a new password for the forum.
~ Duome Team

dictionary gone

PT7
Canada

dictionary gone

Post by PT7 »

My dictionary link now just sends me to learn. Is the dictionary permanently gone or are they just updating it or is there a new way to access it? I really miss not being being able to review all the sentences. As well, any update on when the discuss link on the questions might be unlocked? Thanks.

Jacko079
United States of America

Re: dictionary gone

Post by Jacko079 »

It seems as if Duolingo has removed their dictionary entirely, here are some other discussions on the topic. :)

Where's the dictionary?

Duolingo dictionary

Learning: Italian and Arabic.

catha
Wales

Post by catha »

I really miss the sentence discussions too, learning is just not the same now, if I got stuck with a word or sentence, I found the sentence discussions on the subject made more sense to me than the notes. There was also a sense of community. Now with the dictionary also gone, there is no way to check if I'm right or wrong with a lot of the new material of the course. I don't use Facebook, nor do I believe I should have to to ask for help. Also, with the greatest of respect, there is that little activity on here and with being in an entirely different time-zone asking a question and waiting for a reply would be more than my already frustrated brain could cope with.

val
Wales

Post by val »

For dictionaries you can use either the app or webpage for ‘Geiriadur Prifysgol Cymru’ or the app ‘’Ap Geiriaduron’.
The loss of sentence discussions is frustrating but it’s worth joining Facebook for the ‘Duolingo Welsh Learners’ group alone! The course is written by volunteers and simply hosted by Duolingo. The volunteers who wrote the course reply on Facebook all the time - it’s marvellous!

Return to “Welsh”